By the way... Força Barça!!!!!

- open
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

zkreso wrote:Chelsea got cheated by the referee. If Barca plays the same way in the finals, it'll be a walkover for Man U
mmm i dont think so...barcelona was the only team with the ball, chelsea played an ultradefensive match, and you cannot not do that against barcelona, barcelona will score soon or later.
i think against manchester will be a great match, at least manchester doesnt play that ultradefensive way, so is going to be more like a goal to goal game
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

I think both teams played very well during the 2 matches.
Chelsea perhaps was a bit too "strategic" and safe playing and in the end I think they paid for it.
They have a quality team capable of playing more than speculative/defensive football but they seem to always bet on that strategy against Barça. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Barça played their usual attacking football, they are not scared by any team or match and thats why I'm proud of my team!

It's not fair to blame the ref for what happened, in the first leg many things could have gone on Barça's side but the ref never "saw anything"...
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

wtf... did I watch a different match or something? :P
Barcelona just sucked last night, didn't even come close to the potential CL winning team as we otherwise know them..
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

tettezak wrote:wtf... did I watch a different match or something? :P
Barcelona just sucked last night, didn't even come close to the potential CL winning team as we otherwise know them..
No you watched the same match as me mate!

We watched Barca have ONE shot on target. Luckily for them it was the goal! We saw Samuel Eto do absolutely NOTHING for the second game in a row against Chelsea. We saw Lionel Messi do very, very little and not score in his TENTH game against English opposition. We saw their defensive skills which consisted of basically doing the goalkeepers job and using their hands to defend. We saw them score their first goal in FOUR matches against English opponents.

Yes they have a lot of possession and play lovely looking football yadda yadda yadda, but they simply cannot play any other way. And if you marshall their players then they basically just pass and pass and pass and go nowhere and do nothing. For all Barca's possession and prettyness Chelsea had the best clear cut chances, and Chelsea had more massive decisions go against them, simple as that.

As a Chelsea fan I know everyone hates us. You get used to that and I couldn't give a damn about it. I like it if anything. But it gets worrying when the officials don't like you neither because you may as well give up if they are going to make sure you never win things through stealth tactics!

Abidal should not have been sent off neither. Another pathetic decision!
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

hotpace wrote:

We watched Barca have ONE shot on target. Luckily for them it was the goal! We saw Samuel Eto do absolutely NOTHING for the second game in a row against Chelsea. We saw Lionel Messi do very, very little and not score in his TENTH game against English opposition. We saw their defensive skills which consisted of basically doing the goalkeepers job and using their hands to defend. We saw them score their first goal in FOUR matches against English opponents.

Yes they have a lot of possession and play lovely looking football yadda yadda yadda, but they simply cannot play any other way. And if you marshall their players then they basically just pass and pass and pass and go nowhere and do nothing. For all Barca's possession and prettyness Chelsea had the best clear cut chances, and Chelsea had more massive decisions go against them, simple as that.

As a Chelsea fan I know everyone hates us. You get used to that and I couldn't give a damn about it. I like it if anything. But it gets worrying when the officials don't like you neither because you may as well give up if they are going to make sure you never win things through stealth tactics!

yeap...chelsea had more goal chances than barcelona...but let m tell something, the best way to keep your goal area safe is having ball possesion, i think that was chelsea failure. i don't want manchester winning again
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

hotpace wrote:

This all sounds like cries of desperation to me... If Chelsea hadn't played such a cowardly game in Nou Camp maybe things would've changed... Hmmm or maybe Barca would've managed to score 2 or 3 goals against a team that actually likes to play football... ;)

It definately wasn't the best game of the season for Barca but goals are what count in the end and ours was worth more. They just played the ball and waited for their chance while Chelsea stayed behind like cowards with up to 8 men in their goal area waiting for a lucky counter-attack.
If thats the way a "top class" football team should play....
It's not easy to scores goals against a team playing like that.

Maybe it's time for Abramovich to open his cheque book again... :roll:
Catching The Waves
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Catching The Waves »

The British football establishment praise the great World Cup and European Championship teams to the skies. Brazil, Argentina, France, Spain, Holland, etc. are held in the highest esteem. Yet, when it comes to playing football themselves, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland (& even the Republic of Ireland) all pack their defences and play the tedious long ball game.

Hungary gave England a football lesson in the 1950s - and it still hasn't sunk in. Skill, technique, the ambition to score lots of goals, the willingness to take risks: it all goes missing during the big competitions. Far too many English Premiership teams play a negative, ugly game. Only Arsenal and Manchester United are willing to go for it like continental teams. Football is about fantasy and glory. Grinding out a 1-0 win can be fun every now and then, but as a weekly diet? Bleurgh. :(

As for the final? May the best team win.
Please visit Catching The Waves if you have a desperate need to read erratic reviews of free netlabel & Creative Commons music. :)
wikey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wikey »

Catching The Waves wrote:The British football establishment praise the great World Cup and European Championship teams to the skies. Brazil, Argentina, France, Spain, Holland, etc. are held in the highest esteem. Yet, when it comes to playing football themselves, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland (& even the Republic of Ireland) all pack their defences and play the tedious long ball game.

Hungary gave England a football lesson in the 1950s - and it still hasn't sunk in. Skill, technique, the ambition to score lots of goals, the willingness to take risks: it all goes missing during the big competitions. Far too many English Premiership teams play a negative, ugly game. Only Arsenal and Manchester United are willing to go for it like continental teams. Football is about fantasy and glory. Grinding out a 1-0 win can be fun every now and then, but as a weekly diet? Bleurgh. :(

As for the final? May the best team win.
that is by far the worst thing i've ever heard.

did you not watch the Liverpool Chelsea legs?
they wont be beat for a long long time yet. As for willingness and risks gone missing. you are forgetting football clubs are a multi million pound business. Do you think if chelsea had been 2-0 down at nu camp but tried to play nice football, abramovich would be full of praise for Hiddink because they 'took risks' Absolutely no chance!

Win at all costs and the glory will come