Matthias Tanzmann @ Distillery, Leipzig 28.02.2009

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

roland

Post by roland »

lazard wrote:
roland wrote:this one is really different from his other sets.. normally i just hear him killing any circoloco party... but this one starts really deep ... and i love him playing deep, cause his mixing is sooo awesome.. like a symbiosis.. =)

btw: does anybody know the track around 84:00 ??
in the beginning of his dj career he played deep house. the distillery is his resident club und also the club where he began dj-ing nearly 10 years ago. i remember his first gig at the distillery. the style he played in his first years was much better for me - he was one of the founders of the "leipzig deep house sound", together with frankman, marlow, ...

the sound he plays at the moment is not really mine, but at his homebase he plays much deeper. so i like to listen to him at the distillery.
btw: martinez played that night with matthias - as you can hear matthias was great, but martinez was crap!
aah ok.. i didn't know that.. it would be awesome if i could hear one of his old sets...
Last edited by roland on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jesusfish
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jesusfish »

ya - any old sets would be appreciated!
lazard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lazard »

roland wrote:
lazard wrote:
roland wrote:this one is really different from his other sets.. normally i just hear him killing any circoloco party... but this one starts really deep ... and i love him playing deep, cause his mixing is sooo awesome.. like a symbiosis.. =)

in the beginning of his dj career he played deep house. the distillery is his resident club und also the club where he began dj-ing nearly 10 years ago. i remember his first gig at the distillery. the style he played in his first years was much better for me - he was one of the founders of the "leipzig deep house sound", together with frankman, marlow, ...

the sound he plays at the moment is not really mine, but at his homebase he plays much deeper. so i like to listen to him at the distillery.
btw: martinez played that night with matthias - as you can hear matthias was great, but martinez was crap!
aah ok.. i didn't know that.. it would be awesome if i could here one of his old sets...
i'm going to search for some old sets and upload them next week.
lazard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lazard »

suli.belarto wrote:
lazard wrote:

have me a few Tanzmann from 8 years bacK on the desseous lbel very deep and housey :!:
you have to listen to the first moon harbour releases, than you know what i'm mean. his early dessous records are great, too. he was also a member of gamat 3000 - this was a great time in house music!
martinez
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by martinez »

lazard wrote:btw: martinez played that night with matthias - as you can hear matthias was great, but martinez was crap!
ohh, thanks for your ever so kind words... hahaha

i'm sorry you felt my set was that bad that you had to use these kind of words, but honestly i think its a pretty subjective point of view and my set is not even posted here, so its hard for people to judge for them self.. i don't see in this case how that comment is relevant. actually i had a super nice set, great vibe with the club and most people on the dance floor seemed happy and dancing to it, so i guess it just wasn't your thing, which is totally fair enough, but perhaps express that in a more diplomatic way in the future without stating it as "crap!" just because it wasn't your thing!

peace!
/martinez
lazard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lazard »

martinez wrote:
lazard wrote:btw: martinez played that night with matthias - as you can hear matthias was great, but martinez was crap!

i'm sorry you felt my set was that bad that you had to use these kind of words, but honestly i think its a pretty subjective point of view and my set is not even posted here, so its hard for people to judge for them self.. i don't see in this case how that comment is relevant. actually i had a super nice set, great vibe with the club and most people on the dance floor seemed happy and dancing to it, so i guess it just wasn't your thing, which is totally fair enough, but perhaps express that in a more diplomatic way in the future without stating it as "crap!" just because it wasn't your thing!

peace!
/martinez
sorry! :oops:
after i wrote 'crap', i repent it. it was definetly to hard. maybe it wasn't my sound that night, i heard you 3 times till this weekend and liked your sets. i also like the most of your records, so please don't take it too personal. next time when you play here, i'll give you a beer ;)
cheers
suli.belarto
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by suli.belarto »

martinez wrote:

peace!
/martinez
Nothing wrong with sticking to your guns, do what you do and how you do it knowing in advance people will love or hate your output.

I have a decent collection of the very first Moon Harbour releases they are so nice ! I espcially like Marlow's stuff.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Matthias is top notch, one of the best. For people looking for decent deep mixes check out the moon harbour podcast B2B session. It's one of the best mixes I have ever heard.