Post by New Guy »

I drink red bull!
It really works!
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

s.k. wrote:
thomasjaldemark wrote:...download a free vst...
i almost heard you say "crack" :lol: just joking...
dayumn! where can u download free crack?!
ever tried to make music while on crack?
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Frustrated

Post by kristofason »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:
fred wrote:Hi all
basically i'm frustrated im sick of starting 8 bar loops and never getting anything down
i start a track and think right. This is gonna be a house track. By the end it sounds like a progressive trance track. Which is not what im after at all.
I have done the whole getting rid of samples and only using a select few synths( i have 2 massive & absynth 4) i also know a bit about music theory i know a few producing tricks
so whats the problem???
today i spent nearly the whole day in front of the comp
going from live 7 to logic. Back and forward what a waste of a day. maybe i try to hard maybe i spend to much time at this?

im just ranting
i would like to know what you do in this situation
thanks for listening
I seem to make slow sounding trance type tracks (which i hate), maybe we should collab!
me too at times or starts gettin a bit proggy which i fuckin dispise...its too easy to wack a melody in there,u think its ace coz u programmed it..
must blank melodies...
fred
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Frustrated

Post by fred »

kristofason wrote:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:
fred wrote:Hi all
basically i'm frustrated im sick of starting 8 bar loops and never getting anything down
i start a track and think right. This is gonna be a house track. By the end it sounds like a progressive trance track. Which is not what im after at all.
I have done the whole getting rid of samples and only using a select few synths( i have 2 massive & absynth 4) i also know a bit about music theory i know a few producing tricks
so whats the problem???
today i spent nearly the whole day in front of the comp
going from live 7 to logic. Back and forward what a waste of a day. maybe i try to hard maybe i spend to much time at this?

im just ranting
i would like to know what you do in this situation
thanks for listening
I seem to make slow sounding trance type tracks (which i hate), maybe we should collab!
me too at times or starts gettin a bit proggy which i fuckin dispise...its too easy to wack a melody in there,u think its ace coz u programmed it..
must blank melodies...
I still like some proggy stuff but its starting to get on my tits. ive been liking a lot of tech house even house recently
peter tape
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by peter tape »

your track sounds not bad to me.
your rythm is quiet good, so i would turn the bass and the shyntis down a little bit.
the part after 0:55 could be used as a break for example.

i would just add one or to more elemts and try to make a melody out of percusive instruments (or percussive monosytnhs) and use those heavy synths as atmospheric background (not that loud of course).
like someone on the forum said in another thread, minimal is pretty much about the space beetween the sound, so if you want to tound less trance i would avoid to kill this space with to much ssow heay synths. ;)
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

peter tape wrote: i would just add one or to more elemts and try to make a melody out of percusive instruments (or percussive monosytnhs)
well to me this allmost sounds like "make a melody out of pitched toms" so I go and say don't fucking do it. Never.

had to get this out of the system, sry :roll:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

sometimes you get carried away from where you want to go....i guess it is normal that you start with an idea and it goes changing....try to stick with what you want (if you dont like where you are going)...
sometimes it is good to satart over....or go back a little or take a break like few people are saying...
peter tape
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by peter tape »

@robot criminal

i was thinking of bells or something like a xylophone when i said that, but tell me whats wrong about toms with little reverb and delay, or bongos, playin' some little melody please!?