[archipelcd006] Somfay "A Catch In The Voice" CD L

- wax
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

lovely concept.

now lets get those 20 something minute tracks of yours out on cd as well.

nomoretrouble
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nomoretrouble »

Oh my goddd!!!
liquid sound make me feel in love with this Cd!!

ARCHIPEL INCREDIBLE
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

PRESS RELEASE
For immediate release

ARCHIPEL ANNOUNCES SOMFAY’S SECOND FULL-LENGTH ALBUM
A Catch in the Voice release includes special limited-edition collectors’ CD

Montreal (Canada), March 9, 2009 – Canadian-based artist Somfay returns with a much-anticipated full-length conceptual album on Archipel Musique, scheduled for release on March 31, 2009.

2 years in the making, A Catch In the Voice has Somfay pushing his own limits, taking process and using unusual recording techniques to get very special textures.

His second full-length album is something of a transition. It represents a steady growth and expansion into new areas and blends new inspirations with a touch of the old.

A Catch in the Voice represents an end and a beginning. For Somfay that beginning is something without boundaries, something which will have spread with mycelial expansion over time, something not dependent on Somfay's older techno roots. Though A Catch in the Voice does feature some techno stylings, it is more subtle, forming a structure over and through which the sugary sap of melody flows. This is where the new and old intersect and create something transitory like morning dew; there for only a brief period only to return the next dawn anew.

While Somfay’s unique style is hard to categorize, on this album observers will note a range that varies from lush melodic techno to a mood that is ambient bordering on IDM. Meditative yet rhythmic, A Catch in the Voice features complex atmospherics and cinematic soundscapes of epic proportions, all of which are tinged in some un-nameable blend of mystery and nostalgia. If it is true that the poetic is the potential of a work to yield multiple interpretations, then Somfay’s latest will reward listeners with new meaning over time.

“Some stories leave room for interpretation and A Catch in the Voice intends to be one where the experiencer is the catalyst for new meaning to be formed,” says Somfay. “For each person, a new story is created within them, and only them, and remains there subject only to external interpretation. As with all perception, there is no way to tell if we are all experiencing the exact same thing, and this album builds upon that and will ultimately be a personal and individual experience for every listener.”
To celebrate this unique event, Archipel proposes a custom hand-made limited collector’s edition of the album, which includes pictures taken by Somfay. Both the collector’s edition and regular edition of A Catch in The Voice will be available exclusively through CDBaby for limited time before being distributed digitally via the likes of Beatport, iTunes and WhatPeoplePlay.

The official release date is March 31, 2009. More details to follow.
fugazi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fugazi »

Jesse Somfay's Review on Resident Advisor :o

Now you can following us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/archipelmusic and also on Facebook.com
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

Really can't wait to get my copy!

(still okay about the pre-orders pheek? I guess we'll not have to order through cdbaby?)
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Dragonsand wrote:Really can't wait to get my copy!

(still okay about the pre-orders pheek? I guess we'll not have to order through cdbaby?)
Those who pre-paid will receive their copy once ready. The others will go to cdbay. We're sold-out now on pre-sales :)
nathan_fr
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nathan_fr »

Ok I've just received my copy.

The music is wonderful, however I'm a bit disappointed with the photographies. I thought I'll get true polaroids, actually it's printed pictures.

Anyway, the most important is the music, and it's wonderful ;)

So, congratulations to Archipel and Somfay.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

the almost painful beauty of life.

more than magical and still with many songs to go and only on crappy speakers.

again.... thankyou.
Last edited by oblioblioblio on Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.