Drums in deep house

- ask away
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

eryx666 wrote:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:
Plus there is plenty of sounds that are impossible to synthesis that are prevalent in deep house
:shock: could you give some example please ?
lol; most percussion instruments imo; electronic sounds are ok but sometimes they're no match for a nicely recorded sample.

It depends on the sound your going for though

And i used to be anti-sample!
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

And before anyone beasts me, would you be so kind as to synthisise a nice tambourine sound and post it with your reply.... :lol:
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Roqqert »

if you know the history of house... its all about samples ;)

no offence.. Just dont wine and cry about its sampled. You layer, you edit, you double, you pray its yours.

Just see at as a tribute by using samples... a tribute to the maker of the samples. Use it wisely
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

not about to "beast" anyone eheh, but - things are evolving. just because deep house started with sampling, doesnt mean its current revival is all about sampling too.

to cut it short - most of the really successful producers who do the currently so called "deep house" thing, do alot of sampling but they synthesise their own kick drums and bass. and this is where its evolved.

ofcourse there are alot there who just go back to the original as it started - pure sampling all the way... but trust me on this - they wont go far. soon enough there will be a new "revival", no matter what, and only those who can actually create (read synthesise) their own unique track beds are going to be able to survive.

just thoughts..
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Roqqert »

s.k. wrote:not about to "beast" anyone eheh, but - things are evolving. just because deep house started with sampling, doesnt mean its current revival is all about sampling too.

to cut it short - most of the really successful producers who do the currently so called "deep house" thing, do alot of sampling but they synthesise their own kick drums and bass. and this is where its evolved.

ofcourse there are alot there who just go back to the original as it started - pure sampling all the way... but trust me on this - they wont go far. soon enough there will be a new "revival", no matter what, and only those who can actually create (read synthesise) their own unique track beds are going to be able to survive.

just thoughts..
bad thoughts. Synthesise and sampling can processed as far as you want. Only the colour is a bit different. I dont see only synthesise producers. I wont listen to only synthesise kicks either. Sometimes i wanna have an oldfashioned fucked up disco kick that smacks my face and says hell ya.

Other times i like that sexy noise.

For me its a bad thought to say only the synthesise will rule the dance music world on the end.
Smear
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Smear »

I'm not against actual sampling, just lifting anything from other people's music.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

Roqqert wrote:For me its a bad thought to say only the synthesise will rule the dance music world on the end.
i didnt say that and im not against sampling. i just said its good to have best of both worlds. i meant that if its only sampling, or only synthesis, in both cases the sound wears out fast (as history has shown us) and you have to look for something else.

but again thats just me... so lets just give it some time and see where deep house is gonna be in an year, ok?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

quite a timely topic, i was at a deep house night at the weekend, one of the leading new wave US deep house producers and label owners Jus-Ed from Underground Quality, and most of the night i was being pounded by 909 kicks and snares, even 909 toms which were much more a techno thing in the 90's.
house music was built on the TR909, and it seems its still popular (in the US at least)
i was chatting with him, and he told me they were very much into mixing analogue and digital technology. so nothing much seems to have changed in the deep house world, except i think the rhythms are getting more interesting, and it was much more minimal !!
good stuff.