neu-disco, nu-disco, neo-disco?

- open
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

camus wrote:what the point add NU to every stuff? neo trance , nu rave , nu disco , nu sht... well the journalists always need to create new genres , even if there's only ten person actually doing that type of music. Nu disco sht isn't a genre and has nothing new, oh yes , their is that clap sound and a rim shot ... bull crap...
i think i understand you right, i know your frustrations, but i disagree with saying nu disco (or whatever label it is) has nothing new. at least with hercules and love affair, when you hear it you immediately think disco on some tracks, but at the same time you can easily tell it is a recent production. for reasons such as sound quality, it has a cleaner sound, theres more layers/instruments going on at once, the arrangement is more complex, and it uses sounds that you hear in modern techno/tech house but combines it with warm organic analog sounding traditional instruments that you would hear in 70's disco. it also has more of a psychedelic/trippy feel to it but at the same time being very emotional. its something you would never for sure hear in the 70's, so i can understand journalists using a term to describe it because it is in fact so different fromt the crusty old stuff.

my problem is, i cant find anything that is similar to h&la. if i were to mix a track by them, there is nothing i can find that is in the same bpm vicinity or has the same quality to continue on my mix. i would love to mix this stuff but i cant use old italo disco crap (sorry but i just never understood the appeal of it) or old 70s stuff because its just too different (and cheesy, again sorry)
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

i feel like the resurgence of this type of sound seems to be a natural progression from the popularity of electro and, let's say, hipster sensibilities.

i like it, but i think i have to agree with a previous poster... not on a night out.
i think some of it could work in a set, but you have to find a really proper track.

ps. i can't believe nobody mentioned dopplereffekt... !
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=HgnGscXv3-A
camus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by camus »

dopplereffekt has nothing to do with nu disco, it is just pure electro boogie sh!t...
I don't understand, you take whatever that don't sounds house or minimal and call it nu disco? Soul sonic force is nu disco then.

I really hate those journalist who create a scene out of nothing , praying that it'll bethe next big thing and they'll be rewarded, like neo trance for exemple , they are just idiot...
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

apanell wrote: ps. i can't believe nobody mentioned dopplereffekt... !
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=HgnGscXv3-A
omg (-)
r u mad? ?

calling some serious classics nu-disco. shame.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...