mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by xntrkeverything »

This is such an excelent release! i love orbeat
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

I’m not feeling this at all, definitely lacks in originality as it sounds too much like his previous concepts over the last couple of years. What I have learned with Paco over the years is that every now and then (usually every few years) he comes out with an insane track, usually when he is working on a new concept/idea. The last time it really happened for me was Mindacid, the first release from his label ‘Mindshake’. I really really enjoyed ‘Crazy’ but I feel that with that track, it was the complete article of the concept he was working on. The reason I love Mindacid the most is because it had that ‘raw’ and incomplete/unstable experimental feeling to it, which is when I love Techno the most Unfortunatly I feel with his latest effort on Plus 8, he has attempted to stretch the same idea’s he has been working on for the last couple of years a bit too far.

I always have faith in him though, he’ll back with something more radical when you least expect it. The guy is seriously talented imo.
Fokko
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Fokko »

Agree with Primevil, I have the same feeling on this. But still think the tracks are really 'playable' for me as a DJ. But just play it for one or two minutes and move on, like that...