Techhouse help needed

- ask away
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

yeah had a quick listen, sounds good. kinda like some stuff that was being released on traum/trapez a good few years back, its not strictly minimal for me, but who cares really?

were you saying that you wanted more melody in it? or to get more out of the melody?

i think maybe it could do with more movement, is kinda static, but sorting out the bass line could do that, as you mentioned above.
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Roqqert »

thanks for all the comments :)
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

"We are all teachers, and what we teach is what we need to learn, and so we teach it over and over again until we learn it".

Doesn't seem to be a lot of this kind of thinking amongst a lot of people that lurk on forums talking about music production.

Which is sad, but it's also a reality.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

Difficult one really... I used to whinge a bit about producers being secretive about their techniques, but really it's up to them what they say and what they don't. There's a lot of people that have been burned by being straight up copied to death, so I can understand partly if someone doesn't want to spill the beans about intimate details of their techniques. (I guess it might be a good way to keep you on your toes though).

There's plenty of great advice on this forum though, so there's plenty to get your teeth into if you know where to look. And besides, if you're serious about producing there's gonna be a time when you're on your own, so maybe it's good to get used to it early.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

yeah good work last couple of posters.

"We are all teachers, and what we teach is what we need to learn, and so we teach it over and over again until we learn it".
good quote.

i kinda just cracked when i saw some of the comments, cause it can take a lot for a producer to put his track up and ask for help/advice with the sound. and for it to be someones reflex action to tell him to forget about help and do it naturally, its just staggering. i guess the definition of "community" differs from person to person.

oblioblioblio- i agree with you about the fact that producers shouldn't really reveal their "secrets" cause they will get ripped off, but they also will get ripped of anyway, secrets or no secrets.

also, when people post up stuff like "how do i make techno" that's fair enough that you might just dismiss it out of hand, cause there is no real answer and you have to do some work yourself. i guess when people don't really know much about electronic music, they have certain preconceptions about how easy it is to make techno etc. and in many ways it is easy to make mediocre, standard fare techno. but the best way of avoiding those sorts of posts are to make good stickies under a "new to producing" headliner or something and then people could post in links to other topics etc.

anyway, enough rambling
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

People do usually get the help they need though, despite all the flaming....
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

true - just the world would be a nicer place without it :)
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Roqqert »

its more like my chemical reaction of inspiration/ideas is burned out after i made this. I cant make up some new things. It's not really i wanna know all your techniques but its more like asking for suggestions you know. I dont need mixdown advice. That's something i know i can control ( my own sound ofcourse, not that its supah pro or noob ).

What kinda variaty? drums, melody ?? what kinda synthsounds? Low, mid or high sounding ? put some samples in it like saxophones or old bossanova drumbreaks ? Stuff like that. I dont ask how you compress a click