that first song

- open
blockup

Post by blockup »

There was no first track, ive been into house for 20 years and the music has evolved into this, this so called genre didn't just turn up over night. There's records from 10 years ago that sound like they were made yesterday (Teste-The Wipe) its just house music albeit in a different jacket...So really my first record would be 'Jack your body' or 'Carino'
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

blockup wrote:There was no first track, ive been into house for 20 years and the music has evolved into this, this so called genre didn't just turn up over night. There's records from 10 years ago that sound like they were made yesterday (Teste-The Wipe) its just house music albeit in a different jacket...So really my first record would be 'Jack your body' or 'Carino'
my thoughts exactly. it´s hard to name THE TRACK. it just slowly evolved into it. Early Poker Flat stuff had a lot to do with it, especially Guido Schneider. And then of course the Plastikman and Maurizio stuff. I dunno.
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

Richie Hawtin - The Decks EFX series and his mix albums..

Ricardo Villalobos - His LP's on Cadenza

And Akufen's sets, they changed my whole perception on house and minimal.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I used to play deep house, tech house then some breaks when i first started buying records (Daft Punk - Homework got me into Electronic music), I remember someone describing my sound as 'minimal' and different when i was 17 or 18 before ever associating the word with a genre so i guess it was always in me.

I went throught a stage when I was 19 or 20 struggling to find music i liked, I bought some John Tejada on the Nuphonic label, down tempo electronica, I was searching for a sound but didn't know where to look until hearing Craig Richards DJ in Fabric - From then i knew what i wanted and it was the first time i experienced that type of music in a club. Labels like early pokerflat, Trapez, Force inc, Playhouse and of course Perlon were big influences along with artists like Sensorama, Steve bug, Ricardo, Dimbiman, Donnacha Costello, Antonellii Electr., Akufen, Jeff Samuel where the guys i think are responsible for me loving this music :) Since then and over the years I've gone back further and discovered Studio 1, Robert Hood, Dan Bell, Maurizio all the usual suspects... As far as that one track that did it for me... I dunno, i'll post it here if i ever remember! :lol:
blockup

Post by blockup »

Del wrote:I used to play deep house, tech house then some breaks when i first started buying records (Daft Punk - Homework got me into Electronic music), I remember someone describing my sound as 'minimal' and different when i was 17 or 18 before ever associating the word with a genre so i guess it was always in me.

I went throught a stage when I was 19 or 20 struggling to find music i liked, I bought some John Tejada on the Nuphonic label, down tempo electronica, I was searching for a sound but didn't know where to look until hearing Craig Richards DJ in Fabric - From then i knew what i wanted and it was the first time i experienced that type of music in a club. Labels like early pokerflat, Trapez, Force inc, Playhouse and of course Perlon were big influences along with artists like Sensorama, Steve bug, Ricardo, Dimbiman, Donnacha Costello, Antonellii Electr., Akufen, Jeff Samuel where the guys i think are responsible for me loving this music :) Since then and over the years I've gone back further and discovered Studio 1, Robert Hood, Dan Bell, Maurizio all the usual suspects... As far as that one track that did it for me... I dunno, i'll post it here if i ever remember! :lol:
Craig Richards is terrible...A very boring DJ, god knows how he ended up the resident at Londons premier club.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Hmmm.. sorry i must disagree with you there. Have you actually heard him DJ at 'Londons Premier Club'?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Craig is an awesome dj and if it wasn't for him i don't think minimal would be as big as it is today. If fabric didn't play minimal the UK wouldn't be listening.
blockup

Post by blockup »

tone-def wrote:Craig is an awesome dj and if it wasn't for him i don't think minimal would be as big as it is today. If fabric didn't play minimal the UK wouldn't be listening.
Really! He's one of the most boring DJ's around, compared to Ricardo, Luciano, RPR he's just doesn't make the grade. When he played next to Luciano at Fabric it was embarrassing. With his first record (Paul Ritch 'Samba') he wiped the floor with him. If he's supposed to be the figurehead of the British scene then its in a sorry state. Also if he's so good then how come Clive Henry is really the only British DJ who plays regularly at DC10. Fabric also doesn't really rate as a club, its has the worst crowd in London. Secretsundaze has been where its at for the last 6 years and they were also the first to book Ricardo, Luciano etc blah blah blah