mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

2.5 years from getting my master of science in electric engineering :o
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

stevësto wrote:software engineer for raymond james (huge stock/bonds/mutual funds company). C++/C#. i too am tired of all the meetings and procedures and forms. on halloween we had a costume contest where 100+ people entered and I got first place!
i used to work as a portfolio manager in a similar company here in europe, they were from florida too tho, fort lauderdale to be exact. selling Pre IPO's. found out it was a blatant skam so i had to quit. got to know some pretty crazy motherfuckers from miami in the process too, sniffing coke and doing the H, and then hop on the phone releasing rich ppl from their moneys. thank god i quit or else i'd become a total junkie till now, advising in stock in the automotive industry. one thing good is im still ace on the phone, i can sell you anything.. :)
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

aut.t.n wrote:Oh, thanks for the hint. So I will avoid the big coporations when I have finished my studies. I already tinkered with that idea of going to a big player because of $$$.... ok, student of information science in the last year. software design and interface design are my passions. fulltime dad besides of this.
I've spent 6 years in a R&D center of a big telecom company. It was awful. Lots of work done by talented people, most of it to be trashed because of the messy organization. No relationship between what you did and what you earned. The whole thing made me feel USELESS.

So i've quit.

Now I'm paid less, I'm working more, but I feel fine, so...
:.: : :: : :.: .:. :.
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I work as a field service engineer for a truck and engine manufacturing company, its been a very fun job (right now im in Mississippi for 2 weeks) I get to travel some and talk to a zillion different people every week trying to help them with their problems... other than that I do local deejay gigs at small bars round the area which is definitely more about the love for it then about the money.
Fonque
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Fonque »

im an industrial engineer selling equipment for gas pipelines.
"What is underground? Dig a fucking hole and stick your head in it."

http://www.myspace.com/mrfonk

"yeah, vinyl is real! all these cd's and downloads are bullshit, they aint real."
Leighton Ashcroft
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

Film Editing
The_Glass_Olive
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The_Glass_Olive »

2nd year English literature student. Surprised at how many of you guys have very technical jobs! Computers and numbers bah!
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

Yes! Surprised too! :)