[bar25-04] Matt John - Trampolin

- wax
beepee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by beepee »

hahahahahaahahahahaahaahahaha!!!!!

this is some funny sh!t...

i love how the post about matt's new EP ultimately devolves (as seems to occur with any post on this discussion board these days) into some vague polemic bent on trashing some artist / label / entity who is no longer "as fresh and innovative" as they used to be. sometimes it's m-nus, sometimes perlon, sometimes MD...i mean, i'm all for people expressing well thought out notions of new tracks, EPs, artistic moves, etc...but jeez...of course i also just realized that my post regarding this forum sounds exactly like what i'm criticizing about other people's posts...

anyway, my point was just to say that i really really f-in love this track (the original) and can still remember the first time i heard it when matt played it at cityfox. it's awesome redundant mutant funk techno. i loved playing it all summer long and it sounded freaking dope to me then - and it still does now. and i think the audion mix is cool, haven't played it out enough yet to make up my mind for sure but i would definitely hesitate to say anything definitively harsh or dismissive about it. but overall this record rules. matt's new stuff is killer on point. i would give a nut to make tracks this dope.
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

the main track is cool
Bogdan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bogdan »

total crap.. i think i didn't heard something more crappy then this.
there's some WAY crappier stuff coming out that people go nuts for
bum-tak
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bum-tak »

[quote="beepee"]
anyway, my point was just to say that i really really f-in love this track (the original) and can still remember the first time i heard it when matt played it at cityfox. it's awesome redundant mutant funk techno.

word!
very bomb ep congrats @ all
the hairy brain
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by the hairy brain »

pheek wrote:I'm not sure why MD has become the target of so many criticism. His stuff has changed, yes, but I don't get why it shoud be so crappy. Then again, I'll repeat what I said before about this board section: people's comments here dont mean anything for me anymore since IMHO, there's some WAY crappier stuff coming out that people go nuts for; There's a lot of amazing releases that get ignored. This has become so random to me and I only trust a few of the people's comments here.
You'd have to go a long way to find a worse track than that audion remix.

It's not even music, it's just a collection of annoying squeels with a bassline.

It's awful.

Perhaps people are so critical of mathew dear because we all know what he is capable of (leave luck to heaven for example) and yet he continues to release such poor quality stuff as audion..
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

The early False stuff, such as the album "False," and the Jabberjaw releases rock!! Quirky, tough, minimal sounds =)
He's chanegd a lot since then, and I honestly don't think he should be releasing tracks like "Fed on youth" under the False name, as they don't fit with the other False records, and the sound that False originally created.
Have to admit that, tho I do like some of his new stuff, MD was MUCH better a few years back...
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

we all love the past, because we are familiar with it, dont like the future because we dont know what it brings.

i dont know what that has to do with this thread, but i felt like writing it.
:lol:
Harpunero
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Harpunero »

Finally ... :D :D

Been waiting for this one ...