SHOW YOUR STUDIO

- ask away
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

MarcAshken wrote:lol, im not sure i have a studio, its more like a room with all my sht bunged in it
www.marcashken.com/files/MyStudio.mp4
a girl could come handy in there :D
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Bogdan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bogdan »

Bogdan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bogdan »

thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

I work at home now. I admit it's a little harder getting to work... and staying there. Here's a part of the mess....
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5918/picture5xg4.jpg
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

keeping it reel, eh thom.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Oh... I'm not being religious about stuff... To my ears, there is nothing that entirely replaces a good deck and good tape... yet. To me, DAWs did not kill tape. It gave it another life. I do all kind of things with this, aside from mixdowns, which is what I initially got it for... and fck does it sound good!!!
Headroom! ...at fucking last!! It saturates sooo...aww... sooo sweetly... the sounds literally sparkle.

I'm now very fond on merging sounds on the analog console and capturing on tape. I use my ears a lot more instead of relying on digital meters and crap in the computer. I am doing very well without the constant fear of digital peaks thank you.

It also makes the whole process feel a little more... well reel, indeed. Maybe I am a bit religious about things.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

ive been tempted to grab a reel2reel for a while now. I tried not so long back but got burnt for like £300 on ebay so sacked it off for a bit. Visited chris glimpse a few weeks back and he's got a fkin beast of a machine there. He swears by it an we all know how good his sh!t sounds.
Keagan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Keagan »

I used to have a teac 3440, actually I found it in my grandmas attic (no joke)... but I sold it to fund my xone 92 purchase- which was a waste.

I wish I still had it....