:shock:
:lol:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FYQdorjZ_p8& ... ed&search=

i just love this song. 8)
henrique
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by henrique »

you can start from whoever artist you know, explore it and he will take you to the artists you like most.. it can take one/two years or more to find the "magic" style/subgenre for your mind, but it's a thankful experience :wink:

2 years ago I just listened to Tiga and Miss Kittin all day, but ok I'm only seventeen :P
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

mrDomi wrote:you can start from whoever artist you know, explore it and he will take you to the artists you like most.. it can take one/two years or more to find the "magic" style/subgenre for your mind, but it's a thankful experience :wink:

2 years ago I just listened to Tiga and Miss Kittin all day, but ok I'm only seventeen :P

dude, what kind of avatar is that? i love it.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
emoke
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by emoke »

primevil wrote:
JCH wrote:find your own truth.......
nicely put. this is part of the magic of techno...nobody 'telling' you somethin can ever come close to when you 'feel' it. this is when words have no place.

that's not just with techno. that's with every single genre. (at least it should be like that)
I own all of your candies!
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

There's nothing wrong with knowing the history. There is allot of stuff to read about it if you just look around.
menos160
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by menos160 »

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

it's crappy but is all i can tell you now
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

Torque wrote:There's nothing wrong with knowing the history. There is allot of stuff to read about it if you just look around.
Plus one.

You just reminded me of some t-shirt I sa back in the days with "Your music has a stroy, learn it" written on it.

Anyway, just listen to some actual productions and you'll find the rest by yourself once you get bored with it :-)
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

yannick^ wrote:I hope this forum also accepts other genres with a warm heart. Because.... I've been listening to techno music a while now (a year or so), and I was wondering whether or not someone could enlighten me on the subject. I mostly followed currently popular artists. However, I would like to explore some significant artists, who influenced the genre, too. Of course, I already know some legendary artists such as: Aphex Twin, Jeff Mills,... but I can't fill in the missing gaps myself. Would someone be so kind to give me a brief outline of the history of techno music. I would also like to have a picture in mind 'how they influenced the genre' (i.e. album titles, songs).

Furthermore I have to admit that my ears are not quiet adapted yet. I have (sometimes) trouble detecting differences between subgenres. What do I need to pay attention at? If someone is really in favour of teaching me something, you may tell me a song title and tell me which typical pattern of sound I need to hear.

Of course, all of this may be found irrelevant, since in the end, I just want to enjoy the music. But to put labels on different kinds of music, makes it a lot easier to search for new music you like

Regards

(p.s. the wikipedia page was unsatisfactory, a personal point of view is always better)
This will get you started...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... ID=5409379
High Tech Soul Trailer

I'll post more later! :wink: