Unauthorized sampling of Seph / Lee Curtiss track?

- open
mando
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mando »

Shadi Megallaa wrote: but what i can say is that even if people use the same hardware/software, they can still sound different than anyone else..
word, thats it, voila! ;)
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Leroy might get his face eaten if he's not careful.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

hmmm, I can hear some similarity, but doesn't sound like a stealing in my ears, far from actually.
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

patrick bateman wrote:hmmm, I can hear some similarity, but doesn't sound like a stealing in my ears, far from actually.
You have some horrible ears man. No offense but damn it doesn't get much more obvious than this.

I would love to get Lee's take since he's the one who originally created the sounds. If he posts and says it's not an exact copy, then I'll admit I'm wrong. Until then, this is an exact ripoff of an exact sound that made his "Tar Ann Tullah" song unique.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

JackNine wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:hmmm, I can hear some similarity, but doesn't sound like a stealing in my ears, far from actually.
You have some horrible ears man. No offense but damn it doesn't get much more obvious than this.

I would love to get Lee's take since he's the one who originally created the sounds. If he posts and says it's not an exact copy, then I'll admit I'm wrong. Until then, this is an exact ripoff of an exact sound that made his "Tar Ann Tullah" song unique.
Agreed!
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I think they're similar but not stolen. Leroy's track is better in all angles.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

what's important to me is if it is sampled, or a rebuild.

even though its a shame to steal music in any way, in my eyes if the guy took the time to design the sound himself, and just used the same melody, then its the "lesser" crime, or "smaller" evil if you will.

but if its sampled, then theres no excuse period.
hernangrau
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by hernangrau »

mando wrote:
Shadi Megallaa wrote: but what i can say is that even if people use the same hardware/software, they can still sound different than anyone else..
word, thats it, voila! ;)
shame on daftpunk :oops: