Amnesia & DC-10 closed for the next 2 months

- open
nowayback
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by nowayback »

be~~ wrote:UK law says that every bar, club and even pubs have to give water for free,
i hope it becomes the law in mainland europe soon
yeh i remember some particular clubs up north during the
clubland clash 98-02, only hot water was running from the taps
thus forcing ppl to buy those 1 or 2 quid little cold bottles...

:?
i can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.
http://prop4g4nd4.com
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

be~~ wrote:UK law says that every bar, club and even pubs have to give water for free,
same in norway as well.. or, the clubs/whatever can't charge you for water unless its bottled up water that the club/whatever already have payed for.

and i think they can charge you for the use of glass because it means more dish/glass washing, though i still haven't seen any club/whatever do that (yet)
Wagamuffin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Wagamuffin »

Most superclubs in london refuse to give out tap water at the bar and tell you to go full up previously used glasses/bottles at the toilets, so i'm confused about that uk law
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

minidine wrote:
Zinthek wrote:

Fuse club in Brussels has a free drinking fountain. Best idea ever.
That's really kind from the club owners!
That fountain must be gross at the end of the night tho :lol:
vrejulf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by vrejulf »

the dc10 crew installed cameras ...
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

Wagamuffin wrote:Most superclubs in london refuse to give out tap water at the bar and tell you to go full up previously used glasses/bottles at the toilets, so i'm confused about that uk law
they can't fill up bottles, but they can give you a glass of water, I've never been told to get water from the toilets...
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

one of the few things that we've got right in the UK - free, unconditional water in bars/clubs/pubs. It kind of goes hand-in-hand with the whole promotion of sensible drinking/partying behaviour.

it's funny the way you get treated elsewhere if you ask for a glass of water. here in Prague venues, you're expected to buy bottled water which ironically costs more than a beer - poses a dilemma, but should you be so thirsty then so be it (won't break the bank here). Sometimes the barstaff will begrudgingly splash a small glass with the hot tap for you and slam it on the bar without looking at you if you're lucky.

What I don't like is being treated like some kind of hobo because I went to some place of leisure and got thirsty, and that thirst was for the liquid that human beings need to stay alive.
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

Spain is the main place that they should give out free water aswell seen as you can't drink the tap water.... :?
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com