mnml mmbr

Post by Ro »

I think this is crap.
Forget it jake, it's Chinatown.
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

i just don't think u should use your voice if it sounds so flat and uninteresting. nothing for me, wait for his false stuff, maybe it's gonna kick me some more
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

djxlr8r wrote:What about Jabberjaw?! Doesn't he forget that his Jabberjaw material is arguably his best production. I keep reading sht that he's released under his False and Audion monikers all the time and tbh False and Audion sound the same now. False is now just a mere shadow of his former self as his Plus 8 stuff sounds nothing like what he produces now. I remember somebody posting on this board not too long ago about MD having a release for all of his monikers so hopefully he'll have a surprise Perlon release. Don't forget about his Perlon days people! He didn't always sound like how he does now.
Jabberjaw killed...still does always will!
Ro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ro »

Coog wrote:
This is probably the same as nothing saying at all. Just talk to talk.
Forget it jake, it's Chinatown.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

according to Test, the new false single comes out next month.
Dear Matthew

Matthew Dear is putting himself about a lot at the moment: apart from EPs as Audion (along with ‘Just Fucking’, ‘Noiser’ is my favourite Audion release so far) and impending pop stardom with the pop/art school rock/techno melange that is ‘Asa Breed’, his new album under his own name, Dear is going to release an album as False for Minus later on this year. Described by Dear as ‘0bpm to 125bpm techno with a dark edge’, it’s preceded by a single, ‘Fed On Youth’, on the same label next month. Remember where you read it first...
http://testindustries.typepad.com/test/ ... tthew.html
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Ro wrote:
Coog wrote:
This is probably the same as nothing saying at all. Just talk to talk.
likewise my friend
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Ughh :roll:

Mathew Dear has lost his mind. I'm not feeling this at all. & not because it's not minimal techno but because it's just bad watered down vocal electronica. MD's voice has never been a strong point in any of his productions so I find it comical that he seems more & more eager to talk all over his tunes now.. Note, I wouldn't call it "singing."

I really wished he'd create another alias for these BS releases like he did w/ Audion instead of tarnishing the brand he established w/ the name originally. MD's new stuff is nothing like his pre-Leave Luck To Heaven material, the same way False hasn't been the same since Plus 8. & while a False album would be the closest thing I'd look forward to from MD in ages, I don't have high expectations after all the terrible False material released on Minus.

You know, a few years ago I thought MD was one of the best & most promising artists in the electronic realm but now he's a joke. I don't have anything positive to say about him other than that he used to be really REALLY good. It's a shame really.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

v404 wrote:Ughh :roll:

You know, a few years ago I thought MD was one of the best & most promising artists in the electronic realm but now he's a joke. I don't have anything positive to say about him other than that he used to be really REALLY good. It's a shame really.
Hmm... I think you're hard on this one and maybe you let your personal tastes get in the way (?). I've been reading your posts and seen your critics on Discogs and I wonder sometimes why you dislike something and then really appreciate something else... I tried to understand or predict what you like but now, it just seems random to me.

No personal attack here, no flaming, please hehe :lol:

All I want to say is, perhaps this record is all about personal tastes and might not be crap. If I like it, does this then mean I like crap? If I appreciate him, does this mean I also lost my mind?

That's why I think that it's a bit hard to say this is a joke when there's maybe other people who like it. :wink:

cheers!