Post by brianc »

jpls wrote:
betzy wrote:
fader wrote:
ate wrote:01 april joke ? :) it sure looks like it
probably yeah :)
nope, it's true
yes...real release.
maybe you're in on it and this post is also an april fools day joke...

it goes all the way to the white house.
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

Now thats what I call MINIMAL vol 1 out soon in all good record stores!!

Dear dear me, what a terrible release.
beepee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by beepee »

i can't really say that i see the point of this...most of these tracks are and have been available for a really long time, m_nus certainly doesn't need the "promotional exposure", blah blah...i'm not trying to bash the label here, i have and have played most all of these tracks at one point or another, the release just seems superfluous to me.
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

beepee wrote:i can't really say that i see the point of this...most of these tracks are and have been available for a really long time, m_nus certainly doesn't need the "promotional exposure", blah blah...i'm not trying to bash the label here, i have and have played most all of these tracks at one point or another, the release just seems superfluous to me.
Don't use big words here. :roll:
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

beepee wrote:i can't really say that i see the point of this...most of these tracks are and have been available for a really long time, m_nus certainly doesn't need the "promotional exposure", blah blah...i'm not trying to bash the label here, i have and have played most all of these tracks at one point or another, the release just seems superfluous to me.
i used to not see the point of things like this, but i've realized that they are really good first steps for people who don't scour all the message boards and maybe don't have all that much exposure to this kind of music. sure, we've all heard these tracks, but there are tons who haven't.
MicrominiKev
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MicrominiKev »

One thing to remember, Ben, is that there are a lot of people who don't buy 12" records, don't download tracks, but who really know these records.

They know the tracks in the context of where and how it's played. I'd almost say this is the better way to experience music. The rest of us know it from "behind the curtain." But if you're actively engaged in presenting music to people, you don't know it the same way they do.

I think it's cool that the label is reaching beyond the fans who would know about tracks a month before it comes out, and engaging listeners beyond the inner circles.

I also don't think it's a bad thing for a label to put a marker down saying "this is where we were in 2007" for posterity. That way, when there's a Run Stop Restore 20th anniversary reunion tour, we can all moan and point to the time before we'd completely lost the plot.

:lol:
http://www.myspace.com/iamambivalent

The Nerd Tank Radio Show
with Kevin & Camea

Podcast Available Here