Which Soundcard (producing maybe also for playing live)

- ask away
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

All kinds of people report nothing but positive experiences with M-Audio, but in general it seems to be their pci cards that get most of the praise. I would never go M-Audio if I wanted a fw or usb interface...
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i use an m-audio firewire audiophile and it has always behaved nicely for me. apparently it's the only exception to the rule though...
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

m-audio is terrible

now i use the MOTU traveller - might be a bit pricey for most but it's a great reliable soundcard.
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

MOTU traveller

amazing soundcard !
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

diefenwald wrote:MOTU traveller

amazing soundcard !
Did you get it sometime during the weekend then, seeing as you started this thread Friday?

:shock:
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

:shock:

no but i use internet ... and the technical information on this soundcard sounds great 8)
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

diefenwald wrote::shock:

no but i use internet ... and the technical information on this soundcard sounds great 8)
A friend of mine bought the Traveller for recording his band, and is very happy with it. But beware, Motu are infamous for not always getting it right with regards to their Pc drivers. I'm not saying it's instable (my friend hasn't experienced any problems), but with Mac, driver stability is almost a non-issue. Just something to keep in mind when you're doing your research...
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

aallvor wrote:
diefenwald wrote::shock:

A friend of mine bought the Traveller for recording his band, and is very happy with it. But beware, Motu are infamous for not always getting it right with regards to their Pc drivers. I'm not saying it's instable (my friend hasn't experienced any problems), but with Mac, driver stability is almost a non-issue. Just something to keep in mind when you're doing your research...
If you're going to use MOTU w/ PC, you MUST make sure that your firewire card uses a Texas Instruments chipset. Otherwise, it won't work. After a little bit of tweaking, my Ultralite works like a charm, and sounds great.