Post by minimalex »

the first part of the wighnomy brothers set is availible as a stream:

rtsp://streams.vpro.nl/pac01/21374592/surestream.rm[/img]
Aron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Aron »

minimal house wrote:I know man...

You can tell the quality that goes into an event like this. Most parties of this magnitude in America have crappy progressive/trance djs. Theres got to be what? 10 thousand people! Unreal....
Only about half that.. But still. Then again, the same lamo's that would go to tranceparties in the States now visit these kinds of parties. The question is of course, would you rather keep the music underground and have 200 music lovers walking around, or go mainstream and have every 2 out of 5 people be no musiclover at all, creating havoc or just being plain stupid? Not that this happens in this party, but on a lot of other huge parties it does.
It's nice to be minimal, but it's more minimal to be nice
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

Aron wrote:

You can tell the quality that goes into an event like this. Most parties of this magnitude in America have crappy progressive/trance djs. Theres got to be what? 10 thousand people! Unreal....
Only about half that.. But still. Then again, the same lamo's that would go to tranceparties in the States now visit these kinds of parties. The question is of course, would you rather keep the music underground and have 200 music lovers walking around, or go mainstream and have every 2 out of 5 people be no musiclover at all, creating havoc or just being plain stupid? Not that this happens in this party, but on a lot of other huge parties it does.
nothing but music lovers on friday.......

at least that's how I experienced it. Compared to friday saturday was crap (was just like a normal ndsm edition) :roll:
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

Then I'm happy I wasn't there on friday to compare both nights... :wink:

Saturday was already great!

And about the crowd: there were like 3.000 people right?
*I support southern fruits*
minimalex
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimalex »

i uploaded the set, here you can dl:

www.dikkechill.com/minimalex/wighnomy brothers @ awakenings 18.02.05.mp3
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

minimalex wrote:i uploaded the set, here you can dl:

www.dikkechill.com/minimalex/wighnomy brothers @ awakenings 18.02.05.mp3
Click

works better if u use underscores in the trackname
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Aron wrote:

Id give my right hand to attend a massive like this. Would you people in the NL consider this party a rave? We used to have parties like this in the late 90's that would draw about 2000 people on average, but the clubs now (we dont really have massives like this anymore) would be lucky to get 1000 people. Just this saturday we had a party in chicago with Surgeon, Dietrich Shoeneman, Gabe Palomo and that netted about 500 people tops. :? Im guessing a lineup like that would draw many many more than that in the nL.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

minimal house wrote:
Aron wrote:

Id give my right hand to attend a massive like this. Would you people in the NL consider this party a rave? We used to have parties like this in the late 90's that would draw about 2000 people on average, but the clubs now (we dont really have massives like this anymore) would be lucky to get 1000 people. Just this saturday we had a party in chicago with Surgeon, Dietrich Shoeneman, Gabe Palomo and that netted about 500 people tops. :? Im guessing a lineup like that would draw many many more than that in the nL.
Well definately not for sure, but that's mostly because we can choose out of many parties each weekend.