mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by crazylarry »

Max/MSP
Farabee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Farabee »

I used Reason 2.5 for about 2 years, and was actually my most productive with it writing about 30-40 tracks/remixes and having about a quarter of them released. Then I took a break from techno and I'm using Ableton with VSTs, and feeling kind of overwhelmed at the retarded amount of plugins and sounds I have at my disposal.

Alot of the newer VSTi instruments are really hard to program (FM8 comes to mind) but some that are pretty simple like Pro-53 allow you to get some great sounds without the fuss. I write Detroit-flavored minimal tech-house tracks so I really don't have a need for tons of LFOs. Pro-53 has some rich-sounding envelopes which are real easy to write with and the control board is more or less play-as-you-go.

Simpler is really a great tool for sound design as well without much in the way of hassle. Alot of folks are anti-sample, but to be honest a lot of your favorite producers are 90% sample-based as well. You can take a base sound and apply envelopes, filters, effects, and stretching/pitchshifting to get what you want, just make sure the quality of the base sample is pristine!
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Farabee wrote:I used Reason 2.5 for about 2 years, and was actually my most productive with it writing about 30-40 tracks/remixes and having about a quarter of them released. Then I took a break from techno and I'm using Ableton with VSTs, and feeling kind of overwhelmed at the retarded amount of plugins and sounds I have at my disposal.

Alot of the newer VSTi instruments are really hard to program (FM8 comes to mind) but some that are pretty simple like Pro-53 allow you to get some great sounds without the fuss. I write Detroit-flavored minimal tech-house tracks so I really don't have a need for tons of LFOs. Pro-53 has some rich-sounding envelopes which are real easy to write with and the control board is more or less play-as-you-go.

Simpler is really a great tool for sound design as well without much in the way of hassle. Alot of folks are anti-sample, but to be honest a lot of your favorite producers are 90% sample-based as well. You can take a base sound and apply envelopes, filters, effects, and stretching/pitchshifting to get what you want, just make sure the quality of the base sample is pristine!
Yeah i use reason, had few releases, but have started to get into reaktor. The learning curve is so slow though and im finding it hard to program the synths unlike the subtractor which is easy peezy.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

lemon squeezy
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

jpnsy
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

apple taffy
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.