who wants to be a millionaire

- open
minimim
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimim »

sampleslaya wrote:
minimim wrote: I see. You are a northener.
northeast to be exact
I could have imagined that.

Make a search in this forum to see if there's any southerner and ask him

if he feels offended. Some words are just not that easy to be said.

That's all.
It's ridiculous how hard we try.
sampleslaya
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sampleslaya »

minimim wrote: I could have imagined that.
not totally sure what that means, but i just live here, my family is and still lives in the deep south (they'd make the same statements btw)
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

Matthew Dear is from the DEEP SOUTH...south texas. His dad was a folk singer....so what's that about the american south??? Here's what I think...the world is fairly dumb....but for some reason, anyone who is really into minimal (whatever techno, lifestyle, etc.) is usually smart. At least I think so.... :lol:
delayer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by delayer »

People like to behave like sheep. I hear comments how stupid americans are too often and it became something like a common phrase. Of course, there are situations when you really might think that there are way too much uneducated or dumb people, but stigmatizing a whole nation with a negative connotation just reminds me of fucking prejudices Europe itself had to fight with (and is still). And prejudices are total sh!t.

Europe's cultural tradition and culture itself is of course much stronger as American (well, it's older, right?), but there are also many things in USA that have progressed & evoluted much better than in Europe. I don't want to go into a socio-cultural discussion, I just wanted to tell that it's way more useful to think with his own head. [and I'm sorry if i went a bit offtopic but i had a discussion with a friend about europe-usa a few days ago].
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

delayer wrote:People like to behave like sheep. I hear comments how stupid americans are too often and it became something like a common phrase. Of course, there are situations when you really might think that there are way too much uneducated or dumb people, but stigmatizing a whole nation with a negative connotation just reminds me of fucking prejudices Europe itself had to fight with (and is still). And prejudices are total sht.

Europe's cultural tradition and culture itself is of course much stronger as American (well, it's older, right?), but there are also many things in USA that have progressed & evoluted much better than in Europe. I don't want to go into a socio-cultural discussion, I just wanted to tell that it's way more useful to think with his own head. [and I'm sorry if i went a bit offtopic but i had a discussion with a friend about europe-usa a few days ago].
agreed.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

adelaideperson wrote:get out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhh89RVs3ps

:shock:
This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.
:lol:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
adelaideperson
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by adelaideperson »

Robot Criminal wrote:
adelaideperson wrote:get out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhh89RVs3ps

:shock:
This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.
:lol:
light the blue paper and stand well back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCkYfYa8ePI

btw i would definitely agree that you can't generalize & lump a whole country together as being represented by this.. but on the other hand tho, lighten up!