holden tools / new vsts

- ask away
oe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by oe »

he is into max/msp now
i've read it in his blog (his 'official' one)
medikit
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by medikit »

ohh man downloaded the demo of maxmsp. no plan how to use it...is there any tutorial or does anybody know how to get started?

i also have a 8 channel-loop-livetool for maxmsp from http://www.apparat.net/ and dont know how to run it.
caemgen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by caemgen »

hh man downloaded the demo of maxmsp. no plan how to use it...is there any tutorial or does anybody know how to get started?
Yes, in the MaxMSP documentation folder you have "MaxGettingStarted", "Max tutorials and topics" and "MSP tutorials and topics" pdf's. This is what you need to get started, it's just 800 pages in total...
"If Pacman had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
oe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by oe »

max/msp is up to a half year of studying (depending on your comprehension skills and the knowledge you already have)
medikit
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by medikit »

the "sort of the rings" one is very cool http://www.programchild.biz/synths.htm
medikit
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by medikit »

anyone knows where to get reaktor tutorials?
caemgen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by caemgen »

"If Pacman had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tzusing »

john_masti wrote:one think that a friend of mine told me who talks with james is that......

he never used buzz for his productions......is just that the developer of buzz is a really good friend and he putted his site link for his program.....so the thing that holden writes with buzz is just a myth...

his main programm is cubase.....as for the vsts......i don't know much of them but for sure kontakt

cheers...
your friend is lying to you. or james is lying to your friend. go get the new UK edition of future music and see james holden give a walk thru of buzz in video (on the dvd)