Producer Timbaland steals song from finnish musician

- open
no_pressure
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by no_pressure »

Timbaland must be hanging out with Puff Daddy a lot lately if he is getting in the game of ripping stuff off :-D
"a 1971 psycho skin flick with a crazy sitar-funk soundtrack. to me that says: win." - rob theakston
troiton
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by troiton »

here is a bit from an interview with jay haze - timbaland is down with tuning spork!

EP: What was your highlight of 2006?

JH: I guess the big highlight has been the success of the Fuckpony project, and the doors that have just opened up with my hip-hop and soul music, music that is a real passion of mine. My new double album is finished; it's called Love and Beyond from the Schizophrenic Mind of Jay Haze. This is the stuff I've been getting attention for; I've even been contacted by Timbaland. He said he's freaking out for Tuning Spork.

EP: What do you think of the hype about minimal house?

JH: Well, I find it inspiring that now people are interested, though the term "minimal" doesn't exactly mean what I've been doing for a long time. Also, this year all the labels that had been really working that genre for years were forgotten because of a bunch of new labels that just started up out of nowhere, which I'd rather not name on the record. A lot of the labels that paved the road for these guys have really been suffering. Plus, since the hype [started], so many producers have gotten comfortable just doing the same track over and over.

EP: How do you avoid that?

JH: With my own productions, I always try to make sure that this record isn't sounding like the last record. But sometimes it seems like people want a producer [to just make] the same record over and over. Also, really, simply, absolutely, one of the most important things is that we have to be funky. I don't like music that isn't funky — for instance, Kompakt Records. Here's a label that has no funk — zero, none. That's why Kompakt has its own group of fans.

EP: Producer of 2006?

JH: Pharrell Williams. This guy is so bloody arrogant, and you really want to hate him, and you hope that he does something that's horrible, but he doesn't! Also, Daniel Stefanik.

EP: Plan for 2007?

JH: My main plan is just to stay focused on making innovative music. Whether it's soul, hip-hop, or anything else, I just want to keep on making crazy records.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Thats great.. Funny enough, P-diddy is down with DJ Hell en Felix da Housecat. .I think he has a dance label as well
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

skept wrote:
mlexicon wrote:i consider sampling a much harsher musical crime
you consider sampling a harsh musical crime? seems like much of electronic music, specifically hip hop, was built on sampling. so you would not sample in your own work? would you look down upon another for sampling? please explain. maybe i am misunderstanding you.

i meant totally riping off an artist by sampling a whole rhythm or measure...
sampling a note or two is whatever to me...do it...no matter....but jacking someones entire essance..for me it not cool
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I think it's easy to say its very very much of the same..

however..reading some particular laws about (how) many changes are need dance around a loop hole in court.

perhaps just enough changes/notes were added to a specifc bar that would make it legal..

* I wonder if all his riffs where funk and r & b with a filter.. haha

perhaps it will settle out of court in the end. .

depending on the action taken..
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

:!:
how can people bite loops?
i couldn't have something like that on my conscience.