Best software for producing...

- ask away
yavi
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by yavi »

aallvor wrote:I'm on Fl Studio, and I don't see myself changing to another app unless I have to, like if someone gave me a mac and a copy of logic :D

FLS is a lovely sequencer, absolutely love it.

Edit:

Advantage: Easy to use, most things are only a mouse click or two away. Lot's of nifty features that seem to be tailormade for dance music, like filters and arps on every channel. Great automation. etc etc.

Disadvantage: Manual pdc. Using external effects is fiddly. Minor cons for me though.
I'm totally seconding this :)
soohy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by soohy »

try use reaktor :D :D
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

rule wrote:What comes out of Ableton and Reason is so frustrating to my ears. It's never as good as what comes out of Cubase and Logic.
there's records i could show you that would surprise your ass.

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
scorchio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by scorchio »

my fav host is Ableton Live.

i don't think there's a huge difference between the sound of Cubase and Ableton if you use the same plug-ins and know how to get the right sound.
caemgen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by caemgen »

Do a blind test, put some loops in Logic or Cubase, bounce it down to a file. Use the same loops in Ableton, bounce to another file. See if you can hear a difference between the two files.
Obviously when timestretching is used in Live, that will alter the sound of the samples. But that has nothing to do with the quality of Live's sound engine. It sounds perfect to me, 32-bit floating point, same as Cubase or Logic. As far as I'm concerned nothing in Live would limit you to make a good sounding mix except for your knowledge of and experience with the software.
I used to use SX a lot, but now with the latest Live release I use it almost exclusively.