Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Celltek wrote:
plaster wrote:
Robot Criminal wrote:lol I'd never look like this wanker :lol:

they are taking over britain.

i always said fashion is for people who don't know how to dress properly.
Well tonight im playing at a party in amsterdam with a fashion show and art exhibition incorporated in it.. so there should be plenty hypsters and other fahion dolls there.. You wont find a minimal scarf around my neck.. just some records and a BIG bottle of vodka :lol: :lol:
vodka is good :)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Style wrote:most electronica subgenres are linked to drugs in one way or another. trance is usually linked to ecstasy, acid house/tech to lsd, psy trance to mushrooms, I think minimal is linked to ketamine a lot, although I've never done it.
I thought trance was linked to growth hormones... anyway...

Reminds me... the other day I was at the studio and I going through a box full of adapters, looking for an xlr female to 1/4 inch male... what I ended up finding is a little chunk of mdma that had been there for god knows how long. Bored, I eat it. Then things got really boring... I hadn't done mdma in more than two years I think... all I got was the feeling of being a gullible retard. This drug is garbage. I wonder how I ever liked it. Plus, although I only did a tiny bit, I felt like COMPLETE TRASH the next morning... euuuhhhhrrkkk. The next next morning was a little better. Maybe it was getting old and turning to pure poison...

And yes, fashion is for fucking wankers. Sad thing, It's very fashionnable to be into minimal. Or was it? I believe it's hip to be a rocker now... or something. Maybe that was last year...

Oh I know... It's hip to be a metrosexual these days... an openly closeted gay... wanker.
dom.e
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dom.e »

jpls skydives onto stage
That makes me remember, when sven väth did a stagedive down the dj booth @ cocoon club last year...
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I don't know...has anybody been to minimal hot spots like Berlin or DC10? You're going to try and tell me hard techno heads do too much speed? People don't emerge out of Bar 25 in Berlin for a fucking week. The techno scene on a whole needs to get some sleep.

As for clothing lines, Cocoon's merchandising is pretty much already a clothing line in its own. Who needs MTV Cribs when you can almost get the same thing by watching the "Connected" videos on the minus website. Richie Hawtin stage dived to Ame.

I know punk rock girls fresh out of high school who know more about Bookashade and Troy Pierce than they do about the Sex Pistols or the Clash. GAP, a major clothing store in the U.S. has a "minimal" clothing line.

I'm not bashing any of your guys' comments by any means, but you say these are some worst case scenarios...but these are examples that they are already happening. :)
kans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kans »

no_pressure wrote:
nikaj wrote:next stop, detroit
i highly doubt that. it's gonna be another 50 years before outsiders can survive in city proper.
haha... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. more like in 50 years there'll be no body left "in city"...

also, the legendary (for me anyway) Untitled parties at the shelter often featured fashion shows and stuff
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:I don't know...has anybody been to minimal hot spots like Berlin or DC10? You're going to try and tell me hard techno heads do too much speed? People don't emerge out of Bar 25 in Berlin for a fucking week. The techno scene on a whole needs to get some sleep.

As for clothing lines, Cocoon's merchandising is pretty much already a clothing line in its own. Who needs MTV Cribs when you can almost get the same thing by watching the "Connected" videos on the minus website. Richie Hawtin stage dived to Ame.

I know punk rock girls fresh out of high school who know more about Bookashade and Troy Pierce than they do about the Sex Pistols or the Clash. GAP, a major clothing store in the U.S. has a "minimal" clothing line.

I'm not bashing any of your guys' comments by any means, but you say these are some worst case scenarios...but these are examples that they are already happening. :)

hmmm chill out man, what is ur beaf. i work for a large corporate gas & electric company and i'm pretty damn sure that if everyone in the whole company if they have heard of minus or richie hawtin etc, or even minimal techno etc, 99% wudnt have a clue what i'm talking about. its hardly mainstream is it. i don't know what the problem is. for once at a techno night, u'll get more than just 10 bould headed geeks with notpads in the corner. the scene is finally quite healthy with lots of poeple enjoying it...why do some people have to be soo synical on everything. being english, i find the english trait of building people up to pull them down, very pathetic and harsh.
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

what's wrong with fashion?!
well actually I think we're facing a new sub genre "Radical-Minimalism" :lol:
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

primevil wrote: hmmm chill out man, what is ur beaf. i work for a large corporate gas & electric company and i'm pretty damn sure that if everyone in the whole company if they have heard of minus or richie hawtin etc, or even minimal techno etc, 99% wudnt have a clue what i'm talking about. its hardly mainstream is it. i don't know what the problem is. for once at a techno night, u'll get more than just 10 bould headed geeks with notpads in the corner. the scene is finally quite healthy with lots of poeple enjoying it...why do some people have to be soo synical on everything. being english, i find the english trait of building people up to pull them down, very pathetic and harsh.
No beef here. Aside from the drugs thing, my comment was mostly positive and taking the piss about it all.