good performers?

- open
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

pheek wrote: My favorites on stage: Thomas Brinkmann, Kid606, Detroit Grand Pumas, Ark, Dandy Jack, Heartthrob... to name a few.
Wow how could we forget about Ark. His trademark head-bopping is something else!
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

JackNine wrote:
pheek wrote: My favorites on stage: Thomas Brinkmann, Kid606, Detroit Grand Pumas, Ark, Dandy Jack, Heartthrob... to name a few.
Wow how could we forget about Ark. His trademark head-bopping is something else!
IMHO ark is much more fun to watch than to listen. It's personal tastes but his latest live act is guitar and chaos. Not too much my cup of tea, but pretty much efficient and people scream. Funny stuff.
no_pressure
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by no_pressure »

lately for me its been: underworld, kill memory crash, motor, john tejada, chris liebing and speedy j, prototype 909, steve bug. richie used to be one of my favorites to see live, but the last control party in detroit was the end of the awesomeness, as far as i'm concerned.

the matt dear/ryan elliott tag at the pax8 afterrave was probably one of my favorite sets from this year.
"a 1971 psycho skin flick with a crazy sitar-funk soundtrack. to me that says: win." - rob theakston
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

shawn rudiman livepa! amazing!!!!! :)

wish i could see him do a livepa every weekend hehe 8)

the nice thing (at least when i played in oslo a few years ago) was that he didn't play any material that he had made upfront, everything completly live. just hammering on the drummachines and the synths making nice music! best live performance i've seen :o

but maybe not the exact subject of the topic, but what the heck, check him out if he's in your town!
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

some of the mentioned artists here are rather boring to watch imo. Im talking about people that are really animated when they play

HERBERT!
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

minimal house wrote:some of the mentioned artists here are rather boring to watch imo. Im talking about people that are really animated when they play

HERBERT!
I'm about to create a scandal... :?

I love Herbert, he's one of my biggest influences.

But...

Even since I saw that he played live using a DAT to playback, I'm totally turned off. But he's still super good, I admit!
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Noze
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

gillsans wrote:Noze

they were in slovenia last weekend. a friend told me they rocked the sh!t out. really crazy people.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.