Start-up producer set

- ask away
stringfello
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stringfello »

I personally think you should wait and research every piece of gear. I first started out with a Dell PC, Cubase SX1, Reason, Pro-53, Absynth, M-audio Delta 44 audio interface. I then got a Mac G4 Powerbook, Logic Pro 7, Presonus Firebox. Oh, I wanted to mention. You said that a sales person could tell you something and you would think that it was good. Correct. That is what happened to me. I got sold the BX5 when I wanted the BX8, but the guy told me that they produce as much bass response as the the 8's. Not that I don't like the 5's for reference. But I wanted the 8's!!!!!!!!

Take your time, do the research. Take a tip that was already told here. Play on other peoples systems.

Find what works for you.
Reborn in Detroit
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Start-up producer set

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

Celltek wrote:Ive been thinking about doing productions for a while now. I graduate from Uni next week (hopefully) and I will have a shitload of extra time on my hands. So I have been thinking of investing in either a new DJ set or give producing a try. I'll be going for the second one.

Can any of you advice me on good start-up equipment for making tech-house-minimal. (ableton+cubase+midi controller (which)+mixer (which)+monitors?+sampler)
I've got about 1200 start up for this month and will double that by next month and the month after.. So 3600 for the lot.

Any help is much apprechiated
Get a good laptop.

Macbook Pro.

Then Reason. Then maybe Ableton Live, or another host/sequencer app. Then expand from there. There's lots of things talked about on here, people keep telling you things you "need" or should get... but if you aren't playing live, and especially if you are just starting out... this is the best way to go.

Eventually you'll want a better soundcard, but you can use the built-in for the first while and just plug in headphones or use the output jack to go into speakers or whatever you have.

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Great thanx alot for all you advice guys!!
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

Well, what are you getting then? :D