Are you a Music-Pirate??

- open
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

I download nothing that can be bought.

But don't buy any mp3s, meaning i buy lps and cds and that's it.
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

i am a download queen. a lot of things i can't buy because they are not available...
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

I am broke.

Pretty fucking broke these days.

I sometimes walk around with not a cent on me. I could be jailed for that in some places.

Pirate? My ass, perhaps. I mostly listen to stuff that friends give and tell me to listen to anyway... I think I downloaded two albums since last winter.

And I think it's a shame a kid should be demonized because he refuses to spend the equivalent of an afternoon of shitwork on an album by people who are already at ease financially.

On top of all that crap, my opinion is that if a piece of music moves you, it's yours. I recently did a piece that moved my sister and another friend to tears: that's when I understood what I'm doing it for. Others, as well as myself. And because... what else would I do?

Money.... what the fck is that again?? If anything, nothing that should have anything to do with music.

Blah blah...
DrMarmalade
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by DrMarmalade »

Money.... what the fck is that again?? If anything, nothing that should have anything to do with music.
DAMN STAIGHT!!
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I don't download anything. With net labels, beatport and vinyl I have no time for illegal downloading - Firstly because it doesn't feel like you own the product and downloading a favourite track of yours devalues it in my opinion. Much better to own the vinyl. Also, the quality would usually be sh!t and to be honest I don't take any ''DJ'' seriously who downloads their music illegally. Its basically waiting for someone else to discover it and wait for them to share it. Discovering new music on your own is much more rewarding.
Aleksi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Aleksi »

I buy vinyl because I like the label, the track and so on. The rest that I dont like as much, i download.. Downloading everything is so last year for me.. Im tired of having everything on mp3, I want to own the music. But its also a money question, now I work and can buy more music than I could before when I was a student.
lar_zzz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lar_zzz »

# removed #
Last edited by lar_zzz on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Klayman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Klayman »

i want to own the music too, but unfortunately i can't afford buying vinyls... so i download music
but i hope one year later this will be different...
sh!t happens when you party naked