Minimal knowledge

- ask away
rulzz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rulzz »

its not about tools it about product in the end :)

don't limit yourself to just one sequencer using different soft will enable you to do some things faster
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

rulzz wrote:its not about tools it about product in the end :)

don't limit yourself to just one sequencer using different soft will enable you to do some things faster
it only takes one program when you have logic dude....you might consider having a sample editor like biaspeak also...and i like ableton for throwing stuff around but end day...logic is it...tones of instruments...samplers...audio editing...sequencing...routing...midi is great..come on..
roryistea
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by roryistea »

I really think the aestheticism of miminal music shows comfort in simplicity rather than the complex and the costly. I find the art of tea, supremely analogous to minimal music. The tea devotees break their tea bowls turning them into something imperfect. Similarly, the means in which we create these minimal sounds does not need to be perfect. I really feel Reason is a very useful tool in achieving the minimal sound. Though, I also think careful attention should be paid to each sound as microcosm, for in the minimal sound realm that is closely related to the focal aim. In other words, authentically dig that sound, does it move you? does it touch you? does it take you where you want to go?
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tzusing »

i hear so much of this..."it isn't what u use...it is how u use it"

i mean...to a certain extent that is true..

BUT certain tools make creation of this type of sound much much easier than others.
as most of us know many reaktor ensembles are made to easily create this type of sound vs reason.

sure it is about being a good producer...
but when u have a certain type of sound in mind...it is much easier if you have the right tools....
u can't make an album like dj shadow's entroducing with a tr909 808 and tb303 combo....just like u can't make a Richard Devine track with only an MPC.
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

one of the funniest threads ever.

Even the name...

people just don't get it!!

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tzusing »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote: people just don't get it!!
get what?
cyborgk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cyborgk »

I highly recommend using Synthedit to make your own VST's. You can also use Reaktor, but Synthedit is free.

Anyway, I really like having custom tools, sometimes for doing really simple things (just with sine wave or noise oscillators), so I can focus on very specific "minimal" aspects of my composition, and not get bogged down with having too many settings and stuff I don't need. My hope is that CPU load will also be reduced to the minimum since a bunch of pointless crap isn't running.

Of course, this assumes you understand the fundamentals of how synthesis and music work.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

... and that rly takes maximal knowledge ;)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...