Pioneer DJM 800 vs. A+H Xone 92

- ask away
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

filthypitcher wrote:OK, I did a lot of research into it and it turns out that the 800 is actually a better built mixer. The 92' seem to have a problem of falling apart after 2 years of use. They are also manufatured in China now instead of england so they arent put together as good as they used to be!

The sound off of the 800 is better due to its 24 bit 96kbs dsp system. I think that its even better than the 3D.

The sound tech in fabric used to hook a pioneer DJM 600 into a A+H to sort out the sound issues the 600 has. He now maintains that there is no need for this with the 800 as the sound problems are sorted.

The eqs are slightly better on the 92 but its marginal, but again the compnents seem to go after 2 years so whats the point!

http://www.djmag.com/tech/Pioneer_DJM-800.pdf
and has the 800 been around for 2 years to test out aswell?
filthypitcher
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by filthypitcher »

provaznik wrote:
filthypitcher wrote:OK, I did a lot of research into it and it turns out that the 800 is actually a better built mixer. The 92' seem to have a problem of falling apart after 2 years of use. They are also manufatured in China now instead of england so they arent put together as good as they used to be!

The sound off of the 800 is better due to its 24 bit 96kbs dsp system. I think that its even better than the 3D.

The sound tech in fabric used to hook a pioneer DJM 600 into a A+H to sort out the sound issues the 600 has. He now maintains that there is no need for this with the 800 as the sound problems are sorted.

The eqs are slightly better on the 92 but its marginal, but again the compnents seem to go after 2 years so whats the point!

http://www.djmag.com/tech/Pioneer_DJM-800.pdf
and has the 800 been around for 2 years to test out aswell?
Why ask a stupid question? You'll just get a 'smart' answer!

My point was that A+H have let their quality of production go down a lot in the past 2 years. So why would I take that risk?

I'd rather take my chances on a better mixer rather than on one that I know isn't as good!
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

my point was that over time any piece of 'loved' equipment will begin to show signs of wear and tear. of course i would not want to pay such a heaping sum of money for a product that's status of usability will soon become comprimised. i have a pioneer 600 right now so my opinion of pioneer is, i'll admit, a bit skewed. but from my experience with the allen and heath xone series i have been overwhelmingly impressed with the feel and how easy it is for me to work with it. no offense meant, i just wanted to throw forth that the probability of someone having a bad experience with a product will grow exponentially over time.
filthypitcher
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by filthypitcher »

provaznik wrote:my point was that over time any piece of 'loved' equipment will begin to show signs of wear and tear. of course i would not want to pay such a heaping sum of money for a product that's status of usability will soon become comprimised. i have a pioneer 600 right now so my opinion of pioneer is, i'll admit, a bit skewed. but from my experience with the allen and heath xone series i have been overwhelmingly impressed with the feel and how easy it is for me to work with it. no offense meant, i just wanted to throw forth that the probability of someone having a bad experience with a product will grow exponentially over time.
22% of xone 92's sold in Ireland have been returned with faulty cue faders!
Thats a lot of dodgy faders! The figure was obtained from the distributor in Ireland. The figures don't lie!
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

the xone 92 has cue faders? really? cuz i am pretty sure there are only knobs on the cue section of the 92. so maybe the figures do lie.
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

ok sorry the last post was a bit antagonistic and bitchy. umm to the original poster- neither is a bad choice, its more of a personal preference type thing.
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

i hava a similar problem i don't know weather to get a xone:62, djm600 or a dnx- 1500 any advice would be well recieved
filthypitcher
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by filthypitcher »

Rochey wrote:i hava a similar problem i don't know weather to get a xone:62, djm600 or a dnx- 1500 any advice would be well recieved
Well the 62 is better than the 600. Don't know much about the 1500.