He's my fav ever! Omg I so envy you now :oops:

8)
I own all of your candies!
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: This makes me mad!

Post by pheek »

emoke wrote: And lately there are so many of these kinda people.
I just so don't like when someone tries to FORCE me to listen to this and that. What if I don't like it? Why can't just everybody listen what it fits their taste? This is bullshit really... I'm not gonna listen to something I don't like just because XYZ played it. GRR.
I hear you and know what you mean. You should hear the silliest conversations people have with me, often right after one of my set, where they will talk about XYZ being so good and that I should know him. The best is just to ignore them since I believe that if someone is acting like that, it is more related to hype and excitement (or insecurity?) than anything else.

The key is to answer yes to everything they say and leave eventually to go pee.

Anyway, club talk is more than often very superficial chatting and shouldn't be taken too seriously. :wink:
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

I'm going to add something...

I'm a bit discouraged to see how people get to say this producer X has become their favorite producer after listening to one "hit" or one EP. It's like falling in love at first sight, many times it fades away if you're not looking at the main elements.

So for this point, i can totally relate to this topic.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

pheek wrote:You should hear the silliest conversations people have with me, often right after one of my set
i can't understand why people bother talking to you guys (rockstars, for lack of a better word, take no offense please) after performances anyways. if i honestly had something important to say to you i would. but what could it possibly be? i always see these fan boys and girls running up for pictures and to tell you artists how great you are etc. i wonder...will these people think this in a month? will they listen to edm in a month? did they listen to edm on the way here or on the way home or are they just some scenester living for the moment?

unfortunately edm is full to the brim with people who are into it for the moment. the people that the thread starter is talking about belong to the "edm for the moment" group i often feel. that is why they are so concerned with what it is hip at the moment. at this moment. this very small moment that they will be interested in this fad (fad to them of course not you or i). then next week it will be off to some trendy rock genre with bands who's names all begin with "the".

please take no offense regarding the rockstar comment. i simply mean successful artists in the scene. and don't get me wrong. i want to talk to you about dumb sh!t too. and take a stupid picture. yes i do. every moment i have seen a hawtin show i have wanted to go say "blah blah fking blah you are so great let me take a picture" and i don't. because i am not a dork. well that is not true. because i am not a groupie. and i realize i don't have sht to say to this person. and they don't care what you have to say to them. also let me add that everytime i have watched these groupies attack rh he has been more than polite to them. same for most.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

pheek wrote:I'm a bit discouraged to see how people get to say this producer X has become their favorite producer after listening to one "hit" or one EP. It's like falling in love at first sight, many times it fades away if you're not looking at the main elements.
i am a bit discouraged because the one hit wonders you are talking about release a killer tune then i wait and wait and wait for more releases and i never hear from them again...
TiEZ
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TiEZ »

not everyone is an internet rap/electronic/dnb/whatever nerd. It`s cheese and whine time.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

skept wrote:
pheek wrote:You should hear the silliest conversations people have with me, often right after one of my set
i can't understand why people bother talking to you guys (rockstars, for lack of a better word, take no offense please) after performances anyways.
No offense taken as I don't even see myself as a rockstar. I really appreciate most of the conversations I have after shows, it's always good to have feedback, good or bad. I just don't like people who are completely drunk or on other substances and trying to "educate me" or trying to show me they know their stuff as Emoke shared. It's just not interesting.

I for myself, was one of those people that would go to artists to thank them. it is not much but I believe a performance is a moment of devotion and the ones that really touched me, deserved to be highlighted. Oh and one last thing, never underestimate people that are "groupie"... some look really dumb, act weird but believe me, some really remember you after a few months. treat everyone as you want to be treated, even if you don't know them. It's a rule of courtesy. 8)