[SPC 39] Audion - Mouth to Mouth| preview of Magda djing it

- wax
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

pheek wrote:
v404 wrote:Man, what happened to Matthew Dear? He used to make such great music..

Now he just makes such mediocre music. :roll:
I have nothing against someone who evolves. Doesn't mean you will always love it, but you need to accept that people have to move on to a direction or another. At least, he's not stagnant.

It's not because you don't like it that it's mediocre.
Touche!!

I'll admit that it doesn't make his music mediocre simply because I don't care for it..

But I feel as though Matthew went through a very creative & expansive phase where he made some outstanding music that wasn't anchored to any particular sound. Some was more techno, some more minimal techno, as well as downtempo & even vocal stylings.

But (IMO) I feel as though his Audion guise, while it is admittedly something new & different from what he's done in the past, is his most static alias. And I therefore (IMO), I'd say his most dissapointing. He's been sticking to the Audion project for quite some time now & I feel as though he hasn't really expanded much on it since his singles leading up to & including the Suckfish LP. MD has it in him to offer so much but Audion really only does one trick.. Though admittedly, it's a good trick.

Again, just my opinion.. Maybe some people agree but most probably don't.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

MD just has to follow his heart as gay as it sounds. If he is feeling more Audion right now than so be it. I'm positive when he releases a new matthew dear LP it will be bad ass just like leave luck to heaven.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Well, it's hard to voice my opnion on that Magda video, since the sound is not all that clear.
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

Audion stuff is great, new and old.

There were a couple cuts I didn't care for on the album but most of them are great.

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
TroySilver
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by TroySilver »

That video gives me the chills. What a tune. Great reaction when the bass drops in. Can't wait to hear it on a big system.
moey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moey »

I like this track, looking forward to hearing it on headphones.

The parties I've been to where Matt is playing stand out in my mind as some of the best, most fun I've ever been to. People really go nuts when he plays.

Saw him last weekend and he played a track with a vocal "gonna get this party started" over and over again in a trippy reverb...anyone have any idea what it was?
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

new mouth to mouth track is in the hawtin set from movement weekend and is posted at www.paxahau.com .. somewhere around halfway through

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
moss
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moss »

oh yeah...

matthew played this tune here in lisbon (portugal) two weeks ago at Lux club.

it will be one of the best 2006/2007 tunes for sure...

8)