Loveletters from Oslo

- open
Rose
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Rose »

I buy vinyl because I love to play with them, for me it's not so important to know that a label sell on vinyl only or digital also...
I buy a record because I like it, not because it is "limited" or something like this
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

roland wrote:
it's on every fcking music blogg..
They were on every fucking blog before they went on Beatport...
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

roland wrote:great...

Love Letters From Oslo Beatport Discography

it's on every fcking music blogg..

all of the old vinyl-only llfo tracks lost value and appreciation by the minute they decided to release them on beatport..

i'm so disappointed.. they're dead for me now..

Does it mean the music on the vinyl has turned bad like wine would simply because of being on every blog?

Is it the medium that's important? or the quality of the music? Doesn't it improve the beatport catalog that's so often labeled as being full of crap?
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
D4RKFORCE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by D4RKFORCE »

tone-def wrote:
juhokusti wrote:ok, cool and thanks for the answers, people.

I think I was just amazed by the quantity of mp3s being sold compared to those of wave files. but then again, I haven't shifted into playing digitally yet so what do I know. there has been some debate here in Finland especially about Serato making things sound like sh!t but I dont know if thats true or not. guys over here in Helsinki seem to value Traktor Scratch way more. I dont know why but they do.
mp3 is a lot cheaper. if you buy a 4 track EP in wav it's about the same price as buying an import on vinyl.

I think a vinyl is cheaper than buying a 3/4 track ep in wav...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

D4RKFORCE wrote:
tone-def wrote:

I think I was just amazed by the quantity of mp3s being sold compared to those of wave files. but then again, I haven't shifted into playing digitally yet so what do I know. there has been some debate here in Finland especially about Serato making things sound like sh!t but I dont know if thats true or not. guys over here in Helsinki seem to value Traktor Scratch way more. I dont know why but they do.
mp3 is a lot cheaper. if you buy a 4 track EP in wav it's about the same price as buying an import on vinyl.
A vinyl is cheaper than buying a 3/4 track ep...
it depends where you are. in London a record will cost £8/£9.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

Opuswerk wrote:
Does it mean the music on the vinyl has turned bad like wine would simply because of being on every blog?

Is it the medium that's important? or the quality of the music? Doesn't it improve the beatport catalog that's so often labeled as being full of crap?
surely these tracks are still great and i like them .. but music always generates emotions.. and from now on every time i hear those tracks i will think about how they lied when they said that these are limited vinyl only releases and how they were so greedy that it wasn't enough to turn into a vinyl+digital label but also to throw the WHOLE catalogue (even old records) on every shitty blogg by making it available on beatport..

and the first 4 llfo releases weren't available in 320 on every blogg..
Last edited by roland on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gustafsson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gustafsson »

its just that you come across as really arrogant and small minded.

The only thing you did was insult , apologie , insult , 0 ideas , 0 opinions
basic zero , why do u post ? you seem to have 15 years old

2. Dont repeat "Richie Hawtin" - propaganda like "A DJ improves if he doesnt have to pitch" (you said it in your deleted post)

This complet false , show me the post

I said , by another words by not having to beatmatch you can use many other skills , and make your sets more original full , i mean
2010 and talking about beatmatch and fade in/out....sorry seems
bit strange to me.... I never said you cant be a good dj or that its vital
for everyone i just said in my opinion your sets get more versatile and full , its different , if you are a vinil dj and got upset why is that ?
if u are confident you are good just keep doing it why do u get so nervous people have other opinions?

sometimes i do more posts because of observations like yours

i write 1+1 = 2

you said i wrote 2+2 =6

well is it my problem u have an exotic interpret of what i wrote?
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

tone-def wrote:

ok, cool. and thanks for the enlightment. or whatever it's called.