Studio photos - hardware pr0n

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

the juno 6 and 60 are more reliable too.
fragment
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fragment »

and 500 "quid" (i assume your from britain) isnt that much for a vintage analogue (in good & working condition) - these things are real investments if you treat them well.

but yea, i know the feeling - missed a deal on a sh-101 for 350€ in nearly mint condition from a co-worker of mine because i was so short on cash :cry:
"there aren't many problems which can't be solved with a kick drum on the first beat and a snare drum on the 3rd beat, and a whole lot of sub bass in the middle"

Setup: Macbook Pro 15" 2,5 • MOTU Ultralite • Ableton Live 8 Suite • NI Maschine • UC-33e • Novation Launchpad • Novation ReMOTE 25 SL Compact •
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

fragment wrote:and 500 "quid" (i assume your from britain) isnt that much for a vintage analogue (in good & working condition) - these things are real investments if you treat them well.
you could get them for £300 a year ago. i might pay £500 for a juno 60 but not the 106, which are much more common and not as good.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

What's the difference between the 106 and the 60 apart from MIDI? The 6 is the one without the patches right? I guess I would take one of them too as I want to make my own patches anyhow.

After a quick look on ebay I found a 60, but the person wants like 500 quid and its all beat up. :cry:
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

::BLM:: wrote:What's the difference between the 106 and the 60 apart from MIDI? The 6 is the one without the patches right? I guess I would take one of them too as I want to make my own patches anyhow.

After a quick look on ebay I found a 60, but the person wants like 500 quid and its all beat up. :cry:
500 is a decent price for a 60, especially if it's midified.

All these "perfect emulation" VSTi's of analog instruments have done one thing, made the originals even more expensive and desirable. The prices of working units are not going down, ever. Even if virtual instruments some day do catch up,there's so much collector value in the synths that the prices won't go down anyway. The golden age of cheap vintage is gone.

New analog is surprisingly cheap though, when you compare it to what analog cost when it came out, inflation-adjusted.
fragment
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fragment »

tone-def wrote: you could get them for £300 a year ago. i might pay £500 for a juno 60 but not the 106, which are much more common and not as good.
true !

missed the part that he was after a 106... thought we are talking 500£ for a 60 :oops:
"there aren't many problems which can't be solved with a kick drum on the first beat and a snare drum on the 3rd beat, and a whole lot of sub bass in the middle"

Setup: Macbook Pro 15" 2,5 • MOTU Ultralite • Ableton Live 8 Suite • NI Maschine • UC-33e • Novation Launchpad • Novation ReMOTE 25 SL Compact •
bradevery
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bradevery »

Here is a couple of photos of mine.. and the gear

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 651f565e8d
minimal is a way of life, that nobody understands better than me, better than me.
dahlailama
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dahlailama »

tone-def wrote:monitor positioning is wrong too. you want to pull them to the front of the shelf.
you lost important space in the depth when you pull down the monitor. the work surface isn't really big by depth. i'm not really happy with this desk by the ergonomics and some other things. but not long anymore. a friend who is carpenter creates me a custom desk
imac 24", macbook pro 15", ableton suite 8, minimoog voyager rme, virus ti snow, m4l, max/msp/jitter, apc40, kp3, launchpad, remote 25sl, maschine, 307, mikrokorg, komplete 6, motu ultralite mkiii, audio dj8, yamaha hs80

www.myspace.com/dahlailama