number of downloads/income from beatport

- ask away
yacek
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Side To Side

Post by yacek »

Just out of curiosity what's your relationship to Twisted Sounds ferdy?
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferdy »

we're going to be signing on with that label in the near future. :)

what about you?
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

My friend just got his statement back from Beatport. He managed to get a track at number 4 in the Deep House charts, which amounted to 1018 units sold of one track! Fucking loads that..
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

::BLM:: wrote:My friend just got his statement back from Beatport. He managed to get a track at number 4 in the Deep House charts, which amounted to 1018 units sold of one track! Fucking loads that..
thats good going that (hope im not being rude asking but roughly how much would he have made just going on that figure?)

i think if you can chart a track (top 10 or a DJ chart) it obviously helps a lot as far as units sold goes, this is why i have mixed feelings about the DJ charts on beatport, people get lazy, just look to see what all the big DJs are playing and so you end up with a lot of boring copycat DJs who dont take time to look though for the gems on the smaller labels or that elusive b-side...
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i think that most people that are buying from charts aren't dj's themselves, just listeners. if you're a regular listener it sure is quicker that way..
yacek
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by yacek »

thomasjaldemark wrote:i think that most people that are buying from charts aren't dj's themselves, just listeners. if you're a regular listener it sure is quicker that way..
Beatport: "Last year we did a survey and we were eighty-five percent DJ and fifteen percent consumer or fans. Now, we're about sixty-five percent DJ and thirty-five percent consumers. It isn't that we're getting less DJs because we're actually getting a lot more DJs, but the consumer crossover is happening because of all the events we're sponsoring and promotions. We're not actively pursing consumers, but they're getting interested in the Beatport brand. " (http://dancemusic.about.com/od/digitald ... Interv.htm)
ferdy wrote:we're going to be signing on with that label in the near future. :)

what about you?
Did a remix for them, and I think I'm going to be releasing some tracks with them too in near future :)
yacek
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by yacek »

::BLM:: wrote:My friend just got his statement back from Beatport. He managed to get a track at number 4 in the Deep House charts, which amounted to 1018 units sold of one track! Fucking loads that..
How does that work, lol... does the label get the statements or should the individual be receiving them... I did a remix that was featured in a number of online stores (including Beatport) and I haven't gotten any $$ for it, and I know people have bought it because I had some of my friends purchase it that enjoy it as well as myself.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

yacek wrote:
How does that work, lol... does the label get the statements or should the individual be receiving them... I did a remix that was featured in a number of online stores (including Beatport) and I haven't gotten any $$ for it, and I know people have bought it because I had some of my friends purchase it that enjoy it as well as myself.
Depends how much the label will show you (or if you have your own label)...