The Promo Mix

- open
mattburns
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mattburns »

iainkerr7 wrote:
Ciaran_ wrote:You're coming across as being pretty angry about this?

Just choose your particular way of doing things. Do it for yourself, fck everybody else. It doesn't really matter at the end of the day what everyone else is doing/thinking, as long as you are staying true to yourself
Im Scottish :)

Didn't mean to come across as angry, just think that folk playing on digital are doin more harm than good and I feel strongly about it.

word[/b]
If you're a talented dj it doesn't matter a toss what format you use. there are as many bad vinyl djs out there as there are digital, cd or whatever.

If you're good you're good, it's all about the final product. You're putting vinyl dj's on a pedastal which is wrong. I'm a vinyl enthusiast but i also use traktor. Why limit yourself to one format? What if there's a digital only track that u really love? Will u never play this tune because it's not on plastic?
Upcoming Gigs
Twitch presents Function (Sandwell District) on 16th March in The Empire, Belfast. Support from Matt Burns//Paddy Towe//Phil Lucas.

Twitch presents Lerosa on 9th April in QUBSU with support from Matt Burns//Paddy Towe//NEZ//Phil Lucas
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

ehh i put it on a usb stick or a cd and shove it into my CDJ

i know this solution is maybe a bit easy compared to buying a 1000 dollar laptop and 600 euros worth of soft and hardware.
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WillieSmalls »

A lot more effort goes into building up a good collection of vinyl.

Anyone with a computer can build a library of mp3's. With the amount of blog sites I've come across I'm sure many do so without supporting the scene financially either.
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

iainkerr7 wrote:
Ciaran_ wrote:Yeah, but I see the point in playing the newest tracks. If a new track is going to be brilliant for years to come, then you want to buy it and play it as soon as possible...

Same as an old track that is great, you want to get that and play it as soon as you can.. it works both ways, the excitement of getting that new track - new to you anyway - is what I love about buying music
Yes I agree with you but I think within the digital scene their is too much importance on having the beatport top 10 in your playlist, and you find that these kidn of folk steal their music.
I try to avoid top 10 tracks.
There is good music on digital and netlabels. If I want to play that stuff, something like Serato is a necessity.
Pirate kids are a problem. They don't respect anything. They laugh at real DJs who didn't steal all of their stuff. I refuse to put any of these fools on my stage. Their bad vibes can run through someone else's system.
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

Themis wrote:ehh i put it on a usb stick or a cd and shove it into my CDJ

i know this solution is maybe a bit easy compared to buying a 1000 dollar laptop and 600 euros worth of soft and hardware.
This Summer my full recordcase fell onto my foot and messed up my toe really bad. Wouldn't have happened with a memorystick :D
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I love these arguments! They always make me laugh because vinyl purists always give me images of grumpy old men sitting on a porch at the retirement home griping about new fandangled ways. So bitter... lost their spark... half dead inside.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

Shepherd_of_Anu - its hardly an argument - its been a balanced view of differing opinions.

Good to get some debate up :)
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

makes no difference to me. it's like arguing over tv vs radio in the 1940's. people see the devil in new technology. but i can agree, digital dj'ing culture has spawned some lazy ass dj's. i saw hawtin 2008, most boring lifeless techno set i've ever heard even more boring stage show as he was hidden from view behind his computer setup. i see random dubstep dj's at pubs around town, i bet they'd never even heard of king tubby or lee perry.