[Arpiar008] DJ Sneak - Delta Trippin

- wax
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [Arpiar008] DJ Sneak - Delta Trippin

Post by gowans »

::BLM:: wrote:
gowans wrote:I don't blame decks.de for putting that up at that price, even though it pisses me off, its just simple business really if you can get the money then why not? The problem is the people who are buying it... which fuels it even more.

It's only gonna be a short time before vinyl increases across the board because of this whole limited, when people click on to the fact that folk will pay that little bit more. :(

:

Not every label is hyped though, so its not going to be possible for everyone to put up their prices.

At some point as well it could have been bought for 12.99 right? Which although is more expensive then record prices have been before, its still ok for something that you might possibly have/play for the rest of your life. I know if I really wanted a record that original price wouldn't put me off buying it.

Yeah your right, and I do pay 12.99 n that for releases regularly if I really love them. I guess I'm talking more about broader issues really. I do think the prices on juno have increased though, the regular price seems 8.99 these days.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Decks.de is payed by labels and distributors for their infrastructur, for their ability to get the records to a large crowd very fast.
thats their buisness model. Not to buy cheap records and sell them for double.

otherwise it would happen that you BLM make a record, and cause some guy at decks thinks you are the new best producer of 2011, sets the price for the record to 15 €.
so the chances are that you sell not a single record for that price. i know you already have your money but the whole point of releasing a record is to get it out there.
so after 3 months the guy at decks thinks ok, lets lower the price and you sell half of the records.

would that be a shop you would sell records to? i dont think so.

Decks is not another Discogs seller.

It would never happen to me though because I am not hyped. It's not like they have just picked some random artists out of a bag and said lets charge more for this one. It's Ricardo, Sneak and the Romanians.

There business model is to make as much money as they possibly can I'm sure. It's simple economics like many have said here already.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

gowans wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:
gowans wrote:I don't blame decks.de for putting that up at that price, even though it pisses me off, its just simple business really if you can get the money then why not? The problem is the people who are buying it... which fuels it even more.

It's only gonna be a short time before vinyl increases across the board because of this whole limited, when people click on to the fact that folk will pay that little bit more. :(

:

Not every label is hyped though, so its not going to be possible for everyone to put up their prices.

At some point as well it could have been bought for 12.99 right? Which although is more expensive then record prices have been before, its still ok for something that you might possibly have/play for the rest of your life. I know if I really wanted a record that original price wouldn't put me off buying it.

Yeah your right, and I do pay 12.99 n that for releases regularly if I really love them. I guess I'm talking more about broader issues really. I do think the prices on juno have increased though, the regular price seems 8.99 these days.
Because other costs have gone up. Also with people pressing 300 records or whatever now the cost is more then if you would press up 500.

I noticed a few UK labels prices have gone down on Juno as they have switched back to UK distribution.

I need to stop being so lazy and start going into phonica/bmsoho more as that shipping cost plus insurance from juno for orders over £50 could be spent on another record.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

hm we will see what the future brings, they play with fire tough in my opinion.

a label is hyped fast, but also loses respect really fast. and i think people will not make decks responsible for the prices.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I'm sure we have all fallen trap to the hype train before though. Just when you're not part of it you can see it for what it really is.
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

::BLM:: wrote:I'm sure we have all fallen trap to the hype train before though. Just when you're not part of it you can see it for what it really is.
Bang on.

Similarly related, I've moved on in music now and have fell to that trap before. It's just annoying when u see it happening infront of you, you feel trapped. It's like im getting into some records now and feel a bit trapped coz most people just wanna like the in thing. Big example of this is the hot creations type sh!t floating about imo, its just not my thing, things are changing I think, either that or its myself. different argument though!
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Yep there is loads of hype around that sound at the moment. I think its our biggest scene here in the UK right now. It's not for me either, but I know plenty of people that are into it. Same people were into minimal, when that was big. They have done well though to create something as strong as they have. They are very popular for sure and they are travelling the world having lots of fun, so fair play to them.
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

WTF 49.99. I thought that 16.99 was bad :lol: