[Arpiar008] DJ Sneak - Delta Trippin

- wax
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [Arpiar008] DJ Sneak - Delta Trippin

Post by ::BLM:: »

they are a shop... its their business to sell records. the higher the price, the better it is for them. if they paid for the stock its then theirs, they can charge whatever they want. its not fraud, its their stock.

If its decks putting the price up (which none of us actually know) then all they are trying to get their piece of the pie before someone else does.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

This is true for little shops maybe.

The Big Dealers like Decks and Juno have Contracts with the big Distributors, they dont buy the stock on their own risk.

Wordandsound sends 500 Copys to Decks, if Decks cant sell them they simply send them back.
otherwise the risk of buying stock would be way to high.

maybe this was not the case for that record, and a smart guy at decks thought ok lets buy the whole stock of arpiar008 on our own risk, if we can sell it good for us, if not we lose.

but thats definitly not the case for 99% of the records.

tough thats not the case for your small record shop at the corner, they always buy with their own risk.

otherwise the whole buisness wouldnt work, decks would never buy records from a new unknown label cause they wouldnt know if they break even. a little shop can take that risk cause they have time to listen to every record that they buy, but decks gets hundreds of releases every day, that just wouldnt work.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

if they paid for the stock its then theirs, they can charge whatever they want. its not fraud, its their stock.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I dont get why you think its fraud? Or that you're surprised that Decks a shop that sells records would put its prices up when there is a high demand for this particular record?
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

I don't blame decks.de for putting that up at that price, even though it pisses me off, its just simple business really if you can get the money then why not? The problem is the people who are buying it... which fuels it even more.

It's only gonna be a short time before vinyl increases across the board because of this whole limited, when people click on to the fact that folk will pay that little bit more. :(

I already pay a fortune for records and the 20% vat increase and delivery charges isn't helping either. Rate of inflation against raise in wages in UK is fucking abysmal, I dunno what its like in other countries at the moment but we're getting ripped off over here. Only the other day I went to the wrong petrol station, chucked 20 in my car and the needle didnt even move... anyway this is another rant. :lol:
Dardis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dardis »

Themis wrote:you dont know the difference?

If i am a producer and make a track, which then i sell to 10 shops for 7 euro. after the distribution cut and label cut i earn, i dont know, maybe 1,50 per record. the shop also makes 1,50 and sells it for 8,50.

but one shop makes 48 euro on my track which i (the guy who made that track) gave them for 7 euro.
would you sell your records to this shop again?

if decks or freebase sell records, thats not second hand, they shouldnt make their own prices and i believe they dont. at least not in the way that they add 20 euro just cause the demand is high.
Stores did this with Theo releases, hiking up the price right up. Want happens next is the Arpiar guys think "we sell for 7 euros & they get 48 euros? Screw that". So they put the price of the next release up to get in on the action. And that is why Theo Parrish ugly edits are £16.99 & Arpiar releases now start at £12.99.

Why is it in their interest to earn £1.50 per record? They could easily get £10 per record. £7 for label distribution + £10 mark up so the store pays £17. They are then retailed for £25-£30. Look at the hype surrounding this crap, the stores would take them at this price knowing they could shift 300 with ease. People may view this as greed, but once they get to discogs they'll be this price anyway. Who should get the money? The label, artist & store or some chancer who bought 20 copies on juno solely to re-sell at £20 profit each? The loser is naturally the fan who pays the hype price.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

gowans wrote:I don't blame decks.de for putting that up at that price, even though it pisses me off, its just simple business really if you can get the money then why not? The problem is the people who are buying it... which fuels it even more.

It's only gonna be a short time before vinyl increases across the board because of this whole limited, when people click on to the fact that folk will pay that little bit more. :(

:

Not every label is hyped though, so its not going to be possible for everyone to put up their prices.

At some point as well it could have been bought for 12.99 right? Which although is more expensive then record prices have been before, its still ok for something that you might possibly have/play for the rest of your life. I know if I really wanted a record that original price wouldn't put me off buying it.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

Decks.de is payed by labels and distributors for their infrastructur, for their ability to get the records to a large crowd very fast.
thats their buisness model. Not to buy cheap records and sell them for double.

otherwise it would happen that you BLM make a record, and cause some guy at decks thinks you are the new best producer of 2011, sets the price for the record to 15 €.
so the chances are that you sell not a single record for that price. i know you already have your money but the whole point of releasing a record is to get it out there.
so after 3 months the guy at decks thinks ok, lets lower the price and you sell half of the records.

would that be a shop you would sell records to? i dont think so.

Decks is not another Discogs seller.