Ancient Aliens 2010 on the History Channel

- open
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

EDIT: This next thought is a little off topic... perhaps not... its where my mind was at towards the end of my last post so I will put out there anyways.

Ill tell you something that really blows my mind though...

Christians (or other religious people too I suppose) who do not believe that there is life beyond earth.

I had a calculus teacher (religious man) who I once thought was an extremely smart and gifted man but one day I asked him what he thought about the possibility of extraterrestrial life and he said that he does not believe that there is such a thing.

Why would god create such a huge universe if our little planet was the only thing that matters?

The very concept smells of the most putrid kind of arrogance to me...

I had a feeling that his belief was a result of his religious background...

Why hope for less?!?!?!? :(
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Just to clarify my position... despite my lack of incontrovertible proof that there is no life beyond earth... I hope there is life beyond earth...
My hope is fuelled by speculators and doubters. To this day I have never heard of even one reason that life could not exist beyond earth. Many may think that life beyond earth does not exist but none can prove that it does not. In fact it is most likely that it does...

The greatest tool that the disbeliever has is that those who believe in life beyond earth have no way to prove it to the masses. I submit that this point of argument is meaningless because the doubters cannot prove the hypothesis untrue.

(EDIT: previous statement is interesting on both scientific, religious and extraterrestrial grounds. )

Even mathematically,, chances are that life exists beyond our little planet.

Even Stephen Hawking believes that extraterrestrial life likely out there... and he is driven by mathematical possibility. When the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics believes there is life beyond earth I think people should listen up.

Give me a believable "hypothesis" as to why life in the universe cannot exist beyond our tiny little planet. If you could illuminate I would be so grateful!
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Anu on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

So many posts... so drunk last night. I should really stay off the computer when I am like that... surprised I could type that much. Thank goodness for spellcheckers.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

not at all, it was a good read.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

john clees wrote:one's ego can pronounce things...

and then their is common sense : intuition (which is everything)

so is that it......... :?:
i'm not sure what you mean by this...

are you saying you're pronouncing aliens built the pyramids just to massage your ego? to be different, to be noticed?

common sense with all the evidence so far suggests those canny Egyptians built em with a bit of ingenuity developed over thousands of years...

but anyways i think we have hit a dead end on the topic.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Im questioning the "so called unknown".. and shared several video's to provoke thought of what we have been told... what is in our history books ect..

is it your ego that is trying to to pull the, "you can't prove it" it must not be true card? how can you actually prove something like this? are you just taking the opposite point of view to be different or to be noticed? lol..

my intuition tells me their was a universal life that existed on earth long before humans. and/or that humans had help from a much more advance species.

why do you think the several wonder's of the world were built? you think it was just to make some giant landscape for attention? what is your take on (why) :?:
Last edited by John Clees on Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I think you're barking mad John. It's cool that you have these views, but for me they are so far fetched it would be impossible for me to ever believe them.

It's the logical thing for Chris to say you cant prove it, because you simply can't.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

people thought the earth was flat before their was proof..

sure logically one could say that. I guess Im taking the mathematical approach in saying...

what is so far fetched that thinking out of 100's of galaxies that are out there... that we are not the most advance species?

mathematically : to me : their is no way that only earth has the most advance species. and also to attempt to think that NO other living species exist in the entire universe ? that to me is crazy.. I just take the stance that man is not the supreme being...

haha @ barking mad.... that's good stuff..