i'm fed up... i beg you...

- ask away
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

@ Kilevox

i really enjoyed the music on your myspace - great stuff man!
Kilevox
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Kilevox »

thanks to clubfoot.
www.myspace.com/benryser
www.benryser.com

.... minimal is not a hype ....
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Ronny Pries wrote:Pheek,

had to remember this 2 days ago after an unlucky attempt of buying new mp3s.

*sigh* full story here...
Beatport decides what genre to file things in. Not the labels. It would be much easier if there were subgenre tags and the artists could put their music where it belongs.

I ussually end up surfing the whole tech house, minimal, and techno sections through hundreds of releases to find a few. I find minimal stuff in the deep house section sometimes too. Those people dont really put things anwhere for any good reason that I can see. Its like they draw a genre out of a hat and thats where the track goes.

As far as the styles there will continue to be alot of it until the big djs stop playing it. Not much you can do I suppose but wait for the fad to end. It will sooner or later.
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

And then, sometime in 10000 BC, the Polynesian tribesman turned round and said "Im sick of reindeer antler beating on rock".

Stop trying to taste colours.
Some music:
www.myspace.com/cloakmusic

Reviews, news and more:
www.inverted-audio.co.uk
if
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by if »

can we please stop using the word minimal to describe the music we make? at this point it's been bastardized and has more or less lost most of it's meaning. it's an adjective, not a noun.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

if wrote:can we please stop using the word minimal to describe the music we make? at this point it's been bastardized and has more or less lost most of it's meaning. it's an adjective, not a noun.
+10000000
SHAP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SHAP »

Someone should simply come up with a new name...like Jon...or Mandy or whatever...
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

if wrote:can we please stop using the word minimal to describe the music we make? at this point it's been bastardized and has more or less lost most of it's meaning. it's an adjective, not a noun.
Can someone remind me why a genre MUST be named by a noun? I seem to have missed that rule.. Ambient is an adjective as well, just to name one.
And afaik "techno" wasn't a noun either untill people decided to call a certain style of music that way. Just as we're doing with minimal now, so that would make it a noun as well then..

Anyway, call it what you like, if you feel better calling it "minimal techno", "shufflebeat", "BURP" or "omgthisissominimal", go ahead! Fk cares tbh.. :P