[Arpiar008] DJ Sneak - Delta Trippin

- wax
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: [Arpiar008] DJ Sneak - Delta Trippin

Post by Themis »

maybe some insiders can give some informations, but i dont think decks can just increase the price to 50.

maybe some little private shops can do this, but not decks who sells millions of records, no label would cooperate with them.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

They can do what they want just like Arpiar can. There obviously is a demand for these records even at the high price so why wouldn't they do it? If the people continue to pay these amounts there will always be someone willing to sell them.
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

supply and demand aint it, i read about the theo parrish situation before and it is understandable, i think artist's should get all the money they can get from there music but there comes a point when something aint about the music and its just a fad, and people following like sheep, the music gets less noticed and its more about the brand/label name. one thing i do know is that theo makes quality timeless music that i would shell a fair penny out to buy, arpiar on the other hand...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah but the label would get bad reputation or not? would you give records to a shop who prices them double and earns more money than you with your records?
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

bad reputation? doubt it. maybe from miserable fuckers like you and I who post here, but I think we are in the minority. people are so caught up in the hype nowadays of artists/djs its just getting silly. that said if the artists are getting more money because of it then we cant really blame them. its better that the money goes to them, then some other greedy fucker who bought the release and sells its on discogs for 4x its original sale price.
Dardis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dardis »

Themis wrote:yeah but the label would get bad reputation or not? would you give records to a shop who prices them double and earns more money than you with your records?
What's the difference between decks selling it for 50 euros & a person on discogs? Decks are doing this openly, but they could simply open an anonymous discogs account & then you'd never know (i'm pretty sure others do).

I appreciate it's annoying, the principle of limited vinyl releases is to reward the long term fan who follows a label with a rare one-off. This never happens when the artist/label is well known though. I remember going to Phonica to get that Constellations/Detroit 2-Step 10" on Sushitech which were sold one per customer. There was a bloke outside with a copy in his hand, then a girl came out & handed him another, then one of his mates......copies up at £40 a pop on discogs that same weekend.

Store only doesn't work either - check out this Brawther 7" on discogs http://www.discogs.com/Kool-Vibe-Deep-I ... se/2870956. It was £5 in store.

As Gowans says supply & demand - a few copies, many buyers = high price
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

New conforce is exactly the same. meant to be record shop pick up only. went to phonica to get mine and now they are up on discogs for £200.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

you dont know the difference?

If i am a producer and make a track, which then i sell to 10 shops for 7 euro. after the distribution cut and label cut i earn, i dont know, maybe 1,50 per record. the shop also makes 1,50 and sells it for 8,50.

but one shop makes 48 euro on my track which i (the guy who made that track) gave them for 7 euro.
would you sell your records to this shop again?

if decks or freebase sell records, thats not second hand, they shouldnt make their own prices and i believe they dont. at least not in the way that they add 20 euro just cause the demand is high. if they dont give the extra money to the artist thats simply put fraud. and if they give the money to the artists they would have no motiviation at all to raise prices.