Post by bipedal103 »

Here is one with Mr. willalobo himself

http://www.xlr8r.com/features/2007/10/r ... sacred-art

check out the last paragraphs about reverbs. lol
nierika
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nierika »

To go into a less charged topic, it seems everything we’re talking about involves a lot of balancing of cultures, politically, philosophically, and melodically. Another thing we could discuss, since we discussed the quality of acoustic recording, is what concessions you have found over the years that you had to make for analog versus digital technology. How have you found a way to bridge vinyl to laptops?

This is very important, because we are running in the wrong direction at the moment. MP3 is like offering you an 800-pixel camera as the newest sh!t. And this is what is happening to sound at the moment. It’s absolutely important to fight against it, so I buy old mixers, old studio equipment, because the best equipment for recording was in the ’50s and ’60s. And all digital recording is only a photograph of the reality. The only recording well is analog on tape and vinyl. Going to the mastering studio and putting it directly on vinyl is the target. Right now what is happening is a catastrophe, how people want more and more music but the music is only numbers, not names and content behind it. No names, lyrics, only downloading. We have to fight this develop with the quality of sound and really saying something about what is happening, how the record stores and distributors and cover artists and mastering studios are disappearing. The original copies, vinyl copies of the CD is something you buy and you can read who is making it, and when. But these are disappearing, and it’s important to be aware of sound quality. So what I do I consider a form of protesting against these developments, how I bring out records on vinyl.

Willalobo +100 cool points in my book.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

isaaclevy wrote:Image

i know!!..

LOL...
he looks a lil tired... :lol: