i'm fed up... i beg you...

- ask away
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Keagan wrote:yeah, no doubt. I like people to hear my music too. However, in this day and age formally releasing music isn't the only way to do that.

In my book it's the last way to do it.
why?
habitueE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by habitueE »

Keagan wrote:i also fucking hate when I send dudes or a label some tunes and they think im sending them a "demo".

Seriously, having my crap out on beatport is probably the last thing I want rightnow.

I just want to barrow ears. I don't even want feedback, If you like it cool, play it some more. If not, thats cool too.

What ever happened to gifts?
haha, i used to do that. I explicitly added _THIS_IS_NOT_A_DEMO_ in the email subject :D never worked.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

habitueE wrote:
Keagan wrote:i also fucking hate when I send dudes or a label some tunes and they think im sending them a "demo".

Seriously, having my crap out on beatport is probably the last thing I want rightnow.

I just want to barrow ears. I don't even want feedback, If you like it cool, play it some more. If not, thats cool too.

What ever happened to gifts?
haha, i used to do that. I explicitly added _THIS_IS_NOT_A_DEMO_ in the email subject :D never worked.
Maybe you shloudve tried "for promotion only" :lol:
but i dont think anyone gives feedback for a promotion music because its usualy signed by a label who liked it.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Keagan wrote:i donno why people are so into getting signed these days? especially if you're just looking for a digital release.
Well I know alot of people I talk to seem to think that theres money in digital release. What they dont realize is that the competition is so thick unless your a big name you have to write something REALLY remarkable to make any money.

Others like me just enjoy getting the music out there. I dont expect to make much money but I do enjoy getting my music out to the djs and love it when I get good feedback on someone playin it for a crowd.
Kilevox
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Kilevox »

victorgonzales wrote: Others like me just enjoy getting the music out there. I dont expect to make much money but I do enjoy getting my music out to the djs and love it when I get good feedback on someone playin it for a crowd.
I'm with you Victor.

to that f...ing arpeggio/shuffle thing:

I agree totally that the most tracks these days are too simple.
I don't think that my tracks are the best, but I try everytime to do not this stupid klick/klack thing.
Not always I'm able to do that... :-((

In my opinion it's so easy to make tracks like these.
Everytime when I start a song and make some loops and when I recognize, "oh sh!t that sounds too easy" I delete the whole track to begin from new.

but hey, at one point you listen to some dj-sets and the most minimal dj's are playing are lot of these klick/klack/klock/kluck tracks.

So I understand, some artists, who says, " if I want to get my tracks played, I have to do these f...ing klick tracks"

I don't know guys...

I find it really hard to make some special tracks these days.

At the beginning of my producing days, the tracks has some thoughts to tell the people.
They was build up like a real song.

Today the tracks consists of a bit of delay here, a break with some filter,
some glitch effects that sounds often good!

and often one loops running through the whole track.

I'm honest, I like to play some of these tracks, but to produce it, ........ (-)

MINUS-sound:

normally I do not talk against Richie and M_NUS because he has played tracks from me and I have a lot of PLASTIKMAN tattoos on my body.

But the development of M_NUS is not cool and underground like Richie always told the people.

MONEY MONEY MONEY
..no more words....
www.myspace.com/benryser
www.benryser.com

.... minimal is not a hype ....
warren888k
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by warren888k »

i always just make whatever kind of sh!t i want. i don't try to make one type of sound but my tracks are going to be influenced by what i'm listening to at that moment whether it be subconsciously or otherwise.
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

Pheek,

had to remember this 2 days ago after an unlucky attempt of buying new mp3s.

*sigh* full story here...
Always think twice.
Kilevox
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Kilevox »

great story!
www.myspace.com/benryser
www.benryser.com

.... minimal is not a hype ....