Minimal with Live 6

- ask away
ShereKhan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Minimal with Live 6

Post by ShereKhan »

Hi all.
I have a PC and a Live 6and I want to make minimal. I have good knowledge of making music on computer. Is Live enough in you opinion to make minimal or is it to much trouble. I cant buy anymore expensive software like Cubase.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

It's enough. Nothing else to say really, put some time and effort into it, and your skills will improve gradually.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Don't force yourself into a genre..... just explore...

"Doing minimal" translates into reasearch, experimentation until you find this sound that'll contain the whole spirit of the track... or whatever.

Live will do fine... You're starting out? I suggest you don't use synths yet. Just get a decent mic and sample the hell out of everything around you and then twist that stuff up in Live. a) You'll sound original b) it'll give you a grasp on the nature of complex sounds from the real life, you'll get intimate with sound... and synthesis will make more sense after that I'm certain.
ri
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ri »

Na, use anythign you want, synths, drum machines, efx. Learn things in wierd ways, so that you can create something new.

As for Live being all you need, it is probably the ONLY program apart from reason, that will allow you to do everything internally (if you have the full package), so it is fantastic if you don't have many VST plugins yet.

Great program.
r.i.

let the music talk
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

ri wrote:As for Live being all you need, it is probably the ONLY program apart from reason, that will allow you to do everything internally
What about Sonar, Cubase, Logic, Digital Performer or Samplitude then?
Or Fl Studio, Orion, Storm or Project 5?
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

use what ever program you want. this is riduculous cuz everyone thinks about how they want to make minimal but they don't know with what. how about actually exploring and see what fits better. it's the same as someone asked you..hey i want to make rock music, what guitar should i buy to sound rock.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

plaster wrote:hey i want to make rock music, what guitar should i buy to sound rock.
Plaster always makes alot of sense :D
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

its just so hard to get a proper, official sound :-/