hi from the high desert

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
sylvie.foret
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

hi from the high desert

Post by sylvie.foret »

i live way out in the brush in northern new mexico. i'm born/bred new york city and have deep roots in paris. i moved here about 6 years ago. it's been said that i'm a "recovering" new yorker--meaning that i've given up coke in exchange for more entheogenic substances, i wear platform sneakers instead of stiletto heels, i do the rave dance instead of the "minimal head bob" (much to the embarassment of my cool east coast friends) and would rather go to burning man instead of ibiza (tho ideally, i'd do both).

recently, i've been playing ableton instead of records/serato--tho i'm frustrated by the lack of a decent control surface. i've also just gotten serio about making music, too. i'll have some tracks up soon. my influences are too vast and diverse to name, but right now my favorite labels range from archipel, clink, alphahouse, found/unfound, and of course, traum, trapez, bpitch, shitkatapult, ghostly/spectral etc. i'm sure i'm forgetting a lot.

locally, my dj name is carlisle mcqueen, but my production/international-woman-of-mystery handle is sylvie foret. if we get to know each other, you can call me catherine. ps: you can find me at www.myspace.com/carlislemcqueen , too.
Last edited by sylvie.foret on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mcs »

welcome!

hope you'll enjoy mnml.nl like me

:D
sylvie.foret
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sylvie.foret »

thanks! i'm ashamed to say i've been lurking here off and on for years. it's a milestone i actually got off my arse and chimed in!
minidine
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minidine »

hey sylvie!!

nice greetz from germany :D