ARP Odissey

- ask away
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

ARP Odissey

Post by sorgenkind »

so I finally got my ARP synth, it's an odissey and not an axxe (misunderstanding between me and the seller).
It's a nice synth, definitively not a beginner model becase it has no presets and takes a bit of time to figure out how it works but it has its sound.
I did some A/B comparison with the gmedia oddity plugin and, as I expected, the sound of the real thing is fatter, there is not a big difference but somehow the real things comes warmer out of the speakers, and the faders (it only has one moog-like know for pitch bender) are really precise and the give a better overwiev than knobs (at least to me).
I feel like I'll be shopping for more analog synths as soon as my finances allow me to do so, because once you begin with real analog you can't stop anymore...

so, share your experiences with real analog synths...
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

i bought a roland sh-101, and i fuckin adore it $408 w/ mod grip
relative q
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by relative q »

I have owned: ARP Axxe, ARP Odyssey, Roland SH-1000, Yamaha CS-50. I'd say the Odyssey was the most generally useful and I loved it, but the Roland was probably the best performance lead synth I've ever played. The action was so light and fast, and all the knobs would fit entirely under my left hand.

I've worked with a lot more than that, including an ARP 2600, Moog Prodigy, and a number of others. Analogs are great, but make sure you learn enough to be able to perform maintenance and repairs, or else you'll be spending a crapload of money on it.
i require more bass.

blingin rims at reasonable prices: netlabel reviews and other dumb sh!t
relative q web presence