Year of the Machine is but scrap metal

- free art
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote:them guys were telling me that they didn't have the time or resources to do the crazy things they wanted to with it and also that they couldn't get artists they wanted involved... and all the demos weren't very good
I hear you (them). It's a lot of work to manage a label!
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

will/clockstrucktwelve is correct...

we ended it for a large number of reasons, some of which he was pointing out. a small number of people were involved and they all have their own projects and things to look after, too.

we wanted the very best records and artists involved, and supposing it were possible to convince many of them to get involved, there's something not quite right about not being able to support them properly. the only people interested in "exposure" as a reason to be involved are the new kids on the scene. and most of the new artists that we were getting material from were really not strong enough to be YOTM material.

I didn't want to start another "netlabel", I wanted to do something bigger and better... something with balls... something completely non-generic. Because of the lack of artists and resources available to do what we wanted, we were kind of in limbo for a long time until I finally made the decision to close it up indefinitely. There's no use to just being another bunch releasing mediocre music that nobody really cares about. I only want to do things that count for something. And it's only fair to everyone else that way. I'd rather see artists succeeding and making a living or something from their wicked tunes instead of tieing their tracks up on some website that does little more than help them collect reviews or something for their website. And I have no interest in running a 'real' label - there's a handful of great ones already and i'd rather not reinvent the wheel.

the sister label, 'robotopera', which is for ambient/beatless/cinematic, etc, might see the same fate very soon. things are a bit different with that one though, we shall see.
kans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kans »

haha

I think pheek put it best!!
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

hehe, yeah...
but the chinese new year cycles back after 12 years.

see you all in 12 guys.
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

maybe it would have been nice to inform those artists that you were taking the tracks down etc. etc.
:?: