Which person, Dj, or Act turned you into a mnml fan?

- open
alland
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alland »

czan wrote:at the beginning the biggest influences were sets of alland byallo, mathew dear and john tejada.

wow i'm glad i made that list!!! :shock:
for me it was richie and some early playhouse stuff.

a
alland
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alland »

ugh... correction. was thinking about this walking to lunch... i think it was mostly the old SF crew... sutekh, kit clayton, twerk, and from Jasper (from l.a.). the old cytrax/delay stuff did it to me... and maybe some jirku sprinkled into there.

on richies end it was mostly the theorem collabs on minus and some of his plastikman things.

ok just had to add that ! haha

a.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

alland wrote: the old delay stuff did it to me...
nuomo
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

interesting feedback. Honestly I thought Closer to the Edit kind of sucked. It sounded like a bunch of loops just being jammed out to and mixed up. Transitions had way more depth. To each their own I guess. The best Hawtin mix cd is still the mixmag live. :)
alland
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alland »

Robot Criminal wrote:
alland wrote: the old delay stuff did it to me...
nuomo
i meant the cytrax side label (at least i think it was), though vladislav delay, farben and monolake were definately part of my "minimal upbringing"
a.
GonJ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by GonJ »

The Clicks & Cuts 2 triple CD from Mille Plateaux introduced me to many players in the game. Although I'm not sure if 'glitch' is part of 'minimal'. Even if it isn't many of the producers on the compilation do a little of both. People like Andreas Tillander, Farben, Kit Clayton and Vladislav Delay.
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

uritotti wrote:Akufen - Fabric 17
is that the one with smoke on the water on? that destroys the vibe for me. fuckin joke tune.

not mad keen on his stuff after the psychometry records to be honest, been good when ive seen him DJ tho.
LILIAN
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by LILIAN »

huhhh early years mementooo : )what a timeee :)
well one lovely man of mine introduce me to new dimension of music so it start from him and never stops ......marshall jeferson -mushroom changed my point of view: )x-mix comp for sureeeeeeeeeee but let say personally im attached to dj hell x-mix some extraordinary tunes on that comp ,then some crazy compliation called inovation whit westbam track-terminator ...then surgeon-atol ,g-man,detroit sound ....i dont know it kinda start whit old school sounddd and knowledge&feelings about music simple grow ....i think that everything in my life start whit brian eno music definatlyyyy and just spreading from one level to anotherr