midi controllers for preforming live

- ask away
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

I think I saw Robert say somewhere that he wants to bypass the computer alltogether when using the new Monodeck. I'm not sure how he's going to do that. Maybe he just has his Live session memorized, so he doesn't need to look at a computer.

I think almost everyone has a different idea about what would be a perfect midi controller for them.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

brianc wrote:Maybe he just has his Live session memorized, so he doesn't need to look at a computer.
:)
I read somewhere he thought about implementing a screen into monodeck II. Don't see any screens on this one.
(though it really is one fat instrument)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

Randomseed wrote:This is what you need, it can be anything you want it to be.
http://www.cycling74.com/products/lemur

although if you don't have $2000 laying around the UC-33 is awsomness
$2000!!!!!
what da hell :shock:
Sohrab aka Komsomol
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

to whoever posted about the novation controllers:
They're well worth the money. They're built extremely well and the programming options RULE. You can adjust nearly any knob to function any way you wish. For example, if you have a button that turns on a filter you can program how it works. If you only want it to function while you are holding the button down, you can program it to do so. If you want to press it once and leave it on, you can do that too. With the knobs and faders, you can set the ranges to anything you want. Instead of a fader going from 1-127, you can set it to go from 43-69 or whatever variables you want. You can even set it as a toggle.

And when you're buying a controller, I think it's best to buy a bigger all-in-one unit if you have the money and space. I bought the Novation Remote 25 (non-audio), and its great because it has sliders, buttons, x-y pad, pitchshift/mod wheels, and of cousre the semi-weighted keys. I can basically do anything I want from it. The only gripe is I wish I had more X-Y pads.

diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

Luka
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Luka »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:to whoever posted about the novation controllers:
They're well worth the money. They're built extremely well and the programming options RULE. You can adjust nearly any knob to function any way you wish. For example, if you have a button that turns on a filter you can program how it works. If you only want it to function while you are holding the button down, you can program it to do so. If you want to press it once and leave it on, you can do that too. With the knobs and faders, you can set the ranges to anything you want. Instead of a fader going from 1-127, you can set it to go from 43-69 or whatever variables you want. You can even set it as a toggle.

And when you're buying a controller, I think it's best to buy a bigger all-in-one unit if you have the money and space. I bought the Novation Remote 25 (non-audio), and its great because it has sliders, buttons, x-y pad, pitchshift/mod wheels, and of cousre the semi-weighted keys. I can basically do anything I want from it. The only gripe is I wish I had more X-Y pads.

good to hear.

thinking of buying the sl25
problemchild
melbourne australia

http://www.myspace.com/problemcreations
Kho-Fx
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Kho-Fx »

if you are into DIY (do it yourself)

you cannot go past www.midibox.org

If you are a little electronics savvy you can make "YOUR OWN" midi contoller.

P.s. look in the forums under "midi box of the week" for total inspiration.

This is a well established community I came across it 4 years ago and
built my own 16 fader / 48 pot / 60 button beast. after making a few more
simpler ones ;)