[Left008] Andre Crom and Tim Querengaesser

- wax
tolfrey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Left008] Andre Crom and Tim Querengaesser

Post by tolfrey »

Before Sunrise EP

After a huge success with his electro influenced house & techno ep for Leftroom Ltd, Andre Crom now reappears on Leftroom to show how versatile a producer he is. A more techy approach to production is on show at the highest quality. Also this ep showcases the talents of Andre’s close friend and fellow country man Tim Querengaesser, who has a darker and deeper approach to minimal techno.

First up on the four track ep is 'Bodenturnen.' This is a seemingly simple yet highly intricate minimal groove with a lead hook bouncing all over the top. This track has been getting Magda and her legions of fans excited, as well as getting dance floors jumping all over the world.

The second Crom track 'Loop' has a similar groove pattern but is along a deeper vibe. There is the leftroom trademark shuffling minimal groove here, but the hook is replaced with a sinister siren like tone, and an eerie 'children in a playground' sample in the background.

Newcomer Tim Querengaesser now takes the ep into darker, deeper territory for the second half. 'Strip down' is a more traditional rolling techno track in a Richie Hawtin style. Chopped up vocal stabs and twisted effects keeps this track moving in and out of its deep, rolling bassline.

'Like that' is a rumbling, edgy techno track with haunting chopped up female vocal stabs. There is also an old school 80s new beat feel to this record which is brought right up to date by Tim’s unique style.

Charted at No. 4 by Troy Pierce
Plays confirmed from Magda and Craig Richards
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

i love the new "Loop" TraQ of Andre ... Great RLS ...

here a promo version of Loop ...
Andre Crom - Loop (Promo) > Save As
frisfris
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [Left008] Andre Crom and Tim Querengaesser

Post by frisfris »

My review:

Italian Version:
Leftroom è pronta ad annunciare la sua ottava uscita,si tratta di uno split ep prodotto e concepito da andre crom e da Tim Querengaesser.
Andre crom lo abbiamo già visto attivo con la sua traccia notauhfname su liebe detail la quale ha risoctrato un successo notevole tra gli artisti essendo strasuonata da i più grandi djs a noi conosciuti ed essendo comparsa in più svariate chart in giro per il web.Visto in veste diversa per il suo ep per leftroom ltd,con uno stile decisamente piu orientato verso l electro house di nuova generazione,aspettando i suoi lavori futuri su memo music(sublabel di bpitch control) e su Heimatmelodie(label da lui stesso gestita),ora dona a leftroom due tracce che non hanno nulla di cui invidiare al suo precedente lavoro anzi ne confermano la qualità e sono pronte a replicare il successo di notauhfname.Sul lato a1 c'è "Bodenturnen";ci troviamo di fronte ad una traccia con una chiara ritmica funky,caratterizzata da un bleep orecchiabile e da un bassline metallico che fanno del pezzo una gemma moderna di musica prodotta esplicitamente per ballare."Loop" su b1 mantiene più o meno la stessa tesura della traccia precedente nonostante sia,grazie al basso più incisivo e alla ritmica più facile,più incisiva ed adatta a tutti i tipi di dancefloor.Tim aka Pherox,amico e compaesano di andre,esordisce in modo eccelso su leftroom con due tracce degne di nota."Strip Down" incisa su b1 è un vero crescendo di emozioni taglienti e fulminee in grado di elettrizzare il costrutto sino a sfociare in una melodia dark ed ipnnotica che caratterizza la traccia.Nella traccia "Like That" su b2 si odono i ritmi di ieri incastonati in suoni di oggi, una formula che ormai in tanti rincorrono ma che in pochi riescono a rendere pulita e libera da banalità.Un lavoro eccellente,ulteriore conferma che leftroom si dimostra una delle labels più solide del momento grazie al suo anticonformismo e alla sua giovane freaschezza.

English Version:

Leftroom is ready to announce its 8th release, a split ep, produced by Andre Crom and Tim Querengaesser.
We remember Andre Crom thanks to Notauhfname, his track on Liebe Detail that granted an enormous success, played by the best djs worldwide and appeared on many charts in the web. he assumes a different style on this work for Leftroom LTD, more oriented into new generation electro house. Waiting his future works on Memo Music (sublabel of Bpitch Control) and on Heimatmelodie (his own label), we can hear,now,on Leftroom two tracks, on the same qualitative level of Notauhfname.
On A1, “Bodenturnen”: A funky rhythm, characterized by a catchy bleep and a metallic bassline, that makes it a modern gem of music, with the explicit purpose to dance.
“Loop” on B1 keeps almost the same layout, despite its harder bass and its easier rhythm, proper for any kind of dancefloor.
Tim aka Pherox, Andre’s friend and fellow, begins his work on Leftroom with two worthy of note tracks. “Strip Down” on B1, it’s a real growing of sharp and flashy emotions, able to electrify the construct and flowing in a dark and hypnotic melody, that characterize the track.
In “Like That” on B2, we hear past rhythms mixed in modern sounds, a common, but always hard to make (clean and without banality) formula. An excellent work and another confirmation of quality for Leftroom, one of the most solid labels nowadays, thanks to its nonconformism and its young freshness.

www.dancetonight.it
kiny dj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kiny dj »

i love Leftroom :twisted:
keep underground alive
Massi_DL
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Massi_DL »

another huge release from leftroom :lol:
infizero
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by infizero »

'Loop' is where its' at.
tolfrey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tolfrey »

A little bit of feedback so far...

Mathias Kaden
‘thanks for sending the downloads from the LR 008....
very good sounds from Andre and Tim!!!
i like all songs....’

-John Johr
‘Very nice release, I especially like the Andre Crom Loop. Thanks a lot! ‘
www.paxahau.com

-Matthew Dear
So far I like the Andre Crom tracks better, but I will give them all a
run through at the clubs this weekend...

-Barry Redsettaz – Spin Radio Dublin
'loop' and the 'bodenturnum dub' are amazing dude, right on the money. can't wait to play this w/end. Radio support from next week and charting too. nice one! forza leftroom!